OnLive announced additional details regarding the June 17, 2010 launch of its games service, including its limited-time and limited-availability 1-Year Free Founding Member Program presented by AT&T, its full lineup of launch titles and additional publishing partners. Marking an important first step toward making instant gaming a reality, OnLive will begin activating accounts on PC and Mac platforms to qualified pre-registered users beginning June 17, 2010.
"This launch is just the beginning for the OnLive platform. We'll be rolling out new features, capabilities and performance improvements, continually adding new content along with the latest releases, and extending the service to more people," said Steve Perlman, Founder and CEO of OnLive. "Today we're taking the first step toward a future where video game content is increasingly free from the restrictions of device and location, while showcasing the ability to instantly play the latest, most advanced games at the touch of a button."
To commemorate the launch, AT&T has teamed with OnLive to become the official partner of the company's Founding Member Program. This limited-time and limited-availability program for qualified users will include a 1-year free membership to the OnLive Game Service, with an optional second year at $4.95/mo. The Founding Member Program presented by AT&T will be accepting signups beginning at 12:01 PM PDT on June 15, 2010 and continuing through 11:59 PM PDT on July 15, 2010. To sign up or learn more about program details and ongoing membership terms, visit the official website.
At launch, OnLive is offering a broad range of the most popular games from top publishers for instant play. Twenty-three titles will be available on June 17:
- aaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
- Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix / Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Borderlands (Take Two Interactive Entertainment)
- Brain Challenge (Gameloft)
- Defense Grid: Gold (Hidden Path)
- Dirt 2 (Codemasters)
- Dragon Age: Origins (Electronic Arts)
- FEAR 2: Project Origin (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Just Cause 2 (Square Enix)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) demo now full version available at official launch 6/29
- Madballs in Babo: Invasion (Playbrains)
- Mass Effect 2 (Electronic Arts)
- MLB 2K10 (2K Sports)
- NBA 2K10 (Take Two Interactive Entertainment)
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
- Puzzle Chronicles (Konami)
- Red Faction Guerrilla (THQ)
- Shatter (Sidhe)
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft)
- Trine (Frozenbyte)
- Unreal Tournament III (Epic)
- World of Goo (2DBoy)
OnLive will also announce new titles as they become available on the OnLive Game Service. Games coming soon include:
- Alpha Protocol (SEGA)
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
- Darksiders (THQ)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
- DRIVER San Francisco (Ubisoft)
- F.E.A.R.3 (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- Homefront (THQ)
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
- MLB 2K10 (2K Sports)
- Red Faction: Armageddon (THQ)
- Shaun White Skateboarding (Ubisoft)
OnLive will have many other great games across a variety of gaming genres. For the full and most up-to-date list of currently available and soon-to-be-released titles, visit www.onlive.com/games/featuredgames.
Representing virtually every category of publisher, from industry leaders to creative independents, the OnLive platform has benefited from a broad base of publisher support. Previously announced partnerships include Electronic Arts, Take Two Interactive Software, THQ, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Today OnLive is proud to announce several new publishing partnerships with industry leaders Square Enix, SEGA, Capcom and Konami Digital Entertainment. In total, more than 25 publishing partners are now supporting the OnLive platform.
"The incredible support we've received from our publishing partners has been instrumental in helping us get OnLive into people's homes," said Mike McGarvey, COO of OnLive. "These partnerships provide us with the great games we require to deliver the Just Play™ experience which introduces instant access and play functionality for the first time."
The OnLive Game Service is an interactive platform that introduces a unique way for consumers to discover, explore and experience video game content. It offers immediate access to premium video game content on a PC or Mac via a broadband connection through a web browser, and soon on an HDTV via OnLive's MicroConsole TV adapter. The OnLive Game Service is being featured in the company's booth (#801) in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010 (E3 Expo 2010), June 15 - 17, 2010. The booth features the "Just Play" theme which highlights the instant load and play functionality of the OnLive Game Service across an extended library of premium video game titles.