- Reduced the amount mining time required to acquire all upgrades.
- Fixed an issue where DLC weapon selections would appear blank on the Weapon Loadout screen after removing DLC.
- Fixed an issue where heavy weapon crosshairs sometimes remain on screen after entering a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where enemies sometimes 'pop-up' onto cover after taking damage.
- Fixed an issue where Grunt's loyalty power sometimes doesn't unlock.
- Fixed an issue where the Squad screen wouldn't update properly after removing the Alternate Appearance Pack #1 DLC.
- Fixed an issue where save games that used DLC while offline could not be loaded.
- Fixed an issue where the active save career would sometimes change after loading saves with unmounted DLC.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash during the Jarrahe mission when using Windows 7 (64-bit).
- Fixed an issue where ammo powers activated by a henchman would sometimes overwrite the players active ammo power.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances, spacebar would not activate objects.
- Fixed an issue where Loading saves while DLC is unmounted will change your active career.
- Fixed an issue where the text for some characters in the keybinding GUI would appear as English in foreign language versions of the game.
Changes to 1.01
- Fixed video hitching and crashes related to single core machines.
- Single core users may experience short periods of black screen that may last up a few seconds between level loads, cinematic transitions or movies.
- In rare cases, some single core users may notice dialog lines in certain conversations may be delayed up to a few seconds.
- - Fixed an issue where it appears ammunition can be picked up, but can't.
- - Fixed an issue where all Codex entries were marked as 'viewed', even if the player chose not to view them.
- - Fixed an issue where weapon icons are re-organized after downloadable content is used.
- - Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.
- - Fixed an issue where remapping the right mouse button blocks camera control in the command HUD.
- - Fixed an issue where remapping the 'use' command affects the decryption minigame.
- - Fixed an issue where users were not prompted to restart when logging in to a different EA Online account.
- - Fixed an issue where movies do not play in DLC.
- - It is recommended that players reset their keyboard mapping to default values to ensure proper vehicle control.
- - Added useful messaging during the ME1 save game import.
- - Weapon icon for henchmen never changes from Collector Assault Rifle.
- - Czech language – Issues with Czech localization (subtitles) were amended, all text was corrected and improved.
- - Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.
The Mass Effect trilogy is a masterful science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life forms and mysterious uncharted planets. In this dark second chapter, Saren’s evil army of Geth soldiers has just been defeated, and humans, who are still struggling to make their mark on the galactic stage, are now faced with an even greater peril…
The second chapter in the Mass Effect trilogy takes you to the darkest reaches of space, where you must uncover the mystery behind the disappearance of humans across many worlds. Prepare yourself for a suicide mission to save mankind. Travel the galaxy to assemble a team of soldiers and combat specialists, and launch an all-out assault on the heart of enemy territory.
Once again stepping into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, gamers will command their crew on a suicide mission in space. Players will strategically select each member of their squad, all of whom have a direct impact on the direction of the story and the squad’s chances for survival. Players will select from a motley cast of characters including the newly revealed ‘Grunt’ – a blood-hungry Krogan.
Once players have assembled their squad from amongst the galaxy’s most powerful mystics, geniuses, and convicts, they must lead them on a suicide mission to discover why humans are vanishing from the galaxy. The success of the mission hinges on the squad recruited and their loyalty to the mission. Shepard’s future depends on it.
On Tuesday February 09 2010 Mass Effect 2 fans will be able to get the new Cerberus Assault Armor and M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun DLC fof free through the Cerberus network. It should be available for all fans, both on PC and Xbox 360 at 12:00pm Mountain Standard Time.
Cerberus Assault Armor
- Cerberus assault armor is designed for shock troops, turn the tide of battle against creatures or forces that would decimate normal soldiers.
- Increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by +10%
- Increases shields by +10%
- Increases health by +10%
M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun
- The M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun is a longer-range shotgun with armor-piercing loads. This design also violates several intergalactic weapons treaties, so the M-22a is not distributed to militaries.
- The second act of BioWare's epic sci-fi trilogy continues the story of Commander Shepard and humanity's first steps onto the galactic stage
- Success - or failure - depends heavily on the crew you assemble and their loyalty to you and the mission
- Stunning graphics and a refined dialog system will draw you into the story like never before
- Numerous improvements to the intense, third-person shooter combat
- Deep character customization options let you create your own vision of Commander Shepar
More articles about Mass Effect 2