Players will take on the role of Naughty Bear, a bear driven to seek vengeance after the other bears don’t invite him to the big birthday party. Scorned for the last time, Naughty Bear becomes hell bent on manipulating and terrorizing the blissful bears inhabiting the Island of Perfection.
As Naughty Bear, players will wreak havoc on every stuffing-filled foe that crosses their path. Featuring an array of weapons, objects and scare tactics, gamers strive to earn Naughty Points as they inflict physical and psychological harm on Naughty Bear’s enemies. This all-new scare-based points system means players will win the most rewards for being deviant and maniacal. The variety allows for a completely new experience every time players pick up a controller and the ill-fated bears become more difficult to harass and terrorize as the game progresses. Naughty Bear features more than 30 levels to unlock, with unique characteristics and weaponry encountered at every stage. Gamers can search the game world and collect all the hidden party items locked away by the other bears.
Naughty Bear features crazy, intense over the top multiplayer action where you get your chance to take on your friends in 4 absurdly naughty modes. There are also 15 unique multiplayer badges to unlock that you can wear. These give you powers that force your adversaries to change their strategy and help you win the next match! In every mode, you can customize your character with any type of bear or hat you have unlocked!
Multiplayer also features additional traps to experiment with. The spore trap confuses your enemies and inverses their controls! The paint trap will cover your adversaries in fluorescent paint that makes them obvious when hiding in the woods. There are also new power-ups, or capsules, that enhance your abilities such as the speed capsule that makes you run extremely fast or the rage capsule that makes you stronger. Finding and using these will be the difference between victory or disaster.
Mode: Jelly Wars
This scenario features cooperative gameplay and intense strategy as dying is critical! The team of normal bears (Daddles, Cozy and Sunbeam) must locate and bring Jellies to a giant mixing machine in order to create the most awesome jelly ever. Watch out though as Naughty Bear will try anything to stop them!
The normal bears must protect each other, transport objects, call back up, repair objects and heal each other while Naughty will hit, maim and kill them, disable their objects and hide their jellies.
The winner is either the normal bears who collected all the jellies or Naughty Bear who killed them all.
Mode: Cake walk
In this mode, the only way to earn points is to hold onto the prized Glorious Golden Cupcake for as long as possible. Holding the cupcake puts the player at a disadvantage where his movement is slowed down and where he cannot attack or defend himself and he becomes vulnerable to attack. The game usually starts with a crazy race to the prize and then, when someone has the cupcake it’s a battle to keep hold of it for as long as possible.
The player that holds the Glorious Golden Cupcake for the requisite amount of time, wins.
Mode: Golden Oozy
This mode makes one player feel like a king as he faces off against all the other players with his golden oozy of doomness, a gun of extraordinary powerfulness. This special oozy has unlimited ammo and is exceptionally deadly. Killing with it is the only way to earn points in this mode. This unique scoring system makes players work as a team to hunt down the wielder and then backstab each other to claim the prized gun.
The winner of this mode is the player that has killed the most with the Golden Oozy.
This mode pits 2 teams of red and blue bears against each other in a cooperative/competitive setting. Each team starts in his “Base”. A Golden Unibear Statue appears in one of those bases and the corresponding team must protect it against the attacking team for 2 minutes. If the statue is destroyed the attacking team earns points, if it stays standing for the entire minute, the defending team earns points. After 2 minutes, the statue changes sides.
Each team can use any tactics they want to prevent the others from destroying their statue. The use of traps, barricades and hiding any weapons is highly recommended. The winner is the team that won the most rounds either defensively or offensively.
- Saturday Morning Storyline Gone Wrong: Features a unique blend of comic mischief and syrupy cuteness juxtaposed with over-the-top cartoon violence
- Encounter Bigger, Badder Bears: As the game progresses, the innocent, law-abiding bears that cross NaughtyBear’s path get more difficult to overcome, with unique characteristics and weaponry encountered at every level
- Wreak Havoc on the Teddy Bears’ Picnic: Players create mass chaos and collect “Naughty Points” by unleashing an arsenal of attacks using a variety of brutal weapons and strategizing the demise of Naughty Bear’s cute and cuddly enemies
- An Entire Island of Mischief to Unlock: The debauchery transpires on a large island divided into four different areas, locked or unlocked depending on the level and skill of each gamer. There are a total of 28 levels to unlock by obtaining top scores and achievements as gamers move through the island and destroy each stuffing-filled foe that crosses their path
- You’ll Never Tire of Being Naughty: NaughtyBear lets loose a large range of objectives and obstacles at different times of the day and in different weather with a diverse cast of characters.
- Gameplay changes every time, with a large selection of unique ways to cause naughtiness throughout the island, ensuring endless replayability.
- Boast to the other Bears: Gamers can compete in a range of hilarious multiplayer games and see how their naughtiness levels stack up against others, as they earn a number of achievements and trophies
- Find All the Locked Away Fun: Gamers can collect all the hidden party items locked away by the other bears and search the game world for bear uniforms that will give Naughty Bear special powers and upgrades
Skulking up to store shelves this summer, Naughty Bear will be available for $49.99.
More articles about Naughty Bear