Players can create their own career paths – be it brigand, mercenary, privateer, merchant or whatever mix they please, while buying (or capturing) alien technology to customise their highly adaptable ship, the DarkStar One, with hundreds of possible combinations of weapons, shields, armour and components.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races. Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious space faring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customizable ship – the DarkStar One.
In DarkStar One: Broken Alliance, players come face-to-face with six alien races, each featuring distinct ships, personalities and battle tactics. To give would-be fighter jocks their best chance in battles and negotiations with these extraterrestrials, we are pleased to release a brief primer on three of these races. Part 1 of the "Alien Ships Overview", which is available now, looks at the ships and tactics of the Mortok, Raptor and Terrans.
Ready to don your space-suit and blast into the adventure of a lifetime? DarkStar One: Broken Alliance is your chance to do just that, as it combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races.
Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious spacefaring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customizable ship - the DarkStar One.
- Ships Overview Pt 2 -
Six different life forms populate the game world of DarkStar One – Broken Alliance. Each features a distinct racial persona, which carries over not only into their actions and reactions to the player, but is featured in their ship and base designs, and their technologies.
In DarkStar One – Broken Alliance, the unstable peace between the races is frequently disrupted by quarrels and conflicts. The different ideologies of the races constantly cause skirmishes at the borders, espionage and disruptions.
While travelling through space the player will always find ample opportunities to take advantage of these conflicts. After all, your increasing need for better weapons and equipment must be funded somehow – and taking on jobs as cargo escort, bounty hunter or freight hauler for one race or another are a great way to earn those necessary credits.
In our previous feature, we offered a brief look at the ships favoured by the Terrans, Motok and Raptor. In this feature, we’ll be looking at the Oc’to, Arrack and the Thul.
- Oc'to: Oc’to ships usually attack their opponents head-on. During battle they drop small drones which are able to fire autonomously, causing damage and distraction. A large number of these drones pose a considerable combined force of firepower. The ships of the Oc’to do them proud, reflecting the bio-organic ancestry, with shapes resembling deep-sea creatures.
- Arrack: The Arrack are a race that resemble insects. They are able to fold space temporarily and they rely mainly on this technique when in battle. When they are pursued, they are able to shift their position instantly by several meters. Usually, this manoeuvre is combined with a sharp braking action. The shapes and agile movements of the Arrack’s ships resemble insects.
- Thul: The Thul rely mainly on their ability to cloak when in battle. They become visible and open fire when their bow weapons are fully charged. As soon as their energy level has dropped to almost zero, they activate their cloaking device again, which renders their ships nearly invisible. The Thul are masters of aesthetics. Their ships are made of precious materials and feature smooth, rounded shapes.
- An open-ended storyline that allows players to choose their path to fortune and glory - play as a privateer, mercenary, smuggler, trader or any combination of these – tweaking your ship's capabilities and tactics to best suit your style of play.
- Fully customise your ship with weapons, engines, shields and over 200 distinct components. Purchase the parts you need, or capture them from enemy ships. Turn the DarkStar One into a heavily armed freighter, fast attack boat, cruiser or whatever you like, all based on a massive variety of customisation options.
- Explore a universe comprised of more than 330 solar systems populated by six distinct alien races, each with their own technology, architecture and space combat tactics. Befriend aliens and trade with them for new equipment, or gun them down and take their technology – the choice is yours.
- A stunning full 1080p HD-powered 3D graphics engine, an intuitive user interface, more than 40 minutes of cut scene storytelling, and over 90 minutes of Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound music immerse the player in thrilling space combat and unpredictable encounters with alien races and exotic worlds.
- An innovative hybrid gameplay style effortlessly moves the player between story-driven adventure gaming and fierce space battles in full 3D, while a richly developed trading and customization system seamlessly links the two modes of play.
More articles about Darkstar One