Many Wii owners have already discovered the fun of the original game, which was originally only available in Japan, thanks to its availability on the Virtual Console downloadable game service. Now, this long-awaited sci-fi sequel pushes the arcade shooter genre to new levels of intensity and fun.
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor lets players choose between two characters, each with unique combat abilities. Whether running on the ground, hovering on a skateboard-like device or soaring through the sky with a jetpack, they must navigate intricately crafted levels while taking out a relentless flurry of distant and close-range enemies. Players can battle solo or team up with a friend in a cooperative two-player mode. Players can target enemies using the precise motion control of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, or they can choose from alternate control options including the Classic Controller , Classic Controller Pro , Nintendo GameCube controller or the Wii Zapper accessory.
As players increase their skills, they’ll earn more and more multiplier points to give their overall score a boost. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor invites fans around the world to share their scoring achievements via an international online leaderboard (broadband Internet access required) feature, pitting players from across North America and Europe against each other to see who can master the game’s seemingly never-ending waves of enemies.
“With Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, more is better,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “More enemies, more engaging battles, more gripping sci-fi narrative and more control options add up to a truly exceptional game. And thanks to the international online leaderboard, fans can see how they stack up against other players.”
- Players can take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets. Get an extra bonus for staying grounded while avoiding injury. Various stages require understanding intricate patterns as players’ characters side-scroll, race on vehicles or zip in every direction through a devastated post apocalyptic world. Players can fire at targets in the distance or for close-range targets use sword attacks.
- The precision pointing abilities of the Wii Remote controller make targeting enemies a snap. Players have the option of controlling their characters using the Wii Remote-Nunchuk combination, the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro, Nintendo Gamecube controller or the Wii Zapper.
- Choose from two playable characters with unique combat abilities.
- It’s all about the score multiplier. The better a player’s skills, the more multiplier points are earned, and the higher the overall score. Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level.
- Created by TREASURE, the developers behind Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gunstar Heroes, the game pushes the boundaries of the shooter genre with horders of enemies, massive bosses and explosive graphics.
- Endless waves of enemies got you down? A second player can join the fight to dish out twice the punishment.
- An online international leaderboard lets players see how their scores stack up against players from other countries. Players will play again and again, and try to unlock even more points by figuring out and performing coin and medal-achieving tricks, in order to get an international-caliber score.
More articles about Sin and Punishment: Star Successor