Having defeated the evil ghost pirate LeChuck in his first adventure, pirate extraordinaire Guybrush Threepwood sets his sights on the treasure of Big Whoop. Legendary treasures however, come with legendary challenges and Guybrush will have to use his wits and humor to prove himself the greatest pirate in the Caribbean. Voodoo dolls, spitting contests and amusement parks are just some of the challenges Guybrush must overcome as he meets old friends, fights familiar enemies and uses every single ounce of his wits to become the most celebrated pirate ever.
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge expands on the highly successful The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition. Signature special edition features including high-definition graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system all return in the sequel. Plus, experience all new unique special edition features that let you interact with the world of Monkey Island like never before.
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge will allow for direct control of Guybrush, allowing players to forego the old point-and-click system of navigation if they choose, and will include an interactive object hint system that can be used to highlight objects of interest in the environment. Pirate historians will “arr” with delight with in-game audio commentary from the game’s creators as they share their thoughts and memories about the making of the game. Players will also be able to get a glimpse of yesteryear with an in-game art viewer offering up classic glimpses of select areas of the game.
Gamers who pre-order the game from Steam will also receive a free copy of The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, to either keep or gift to another Steam user.
Play it again for the first time with signature Special Edition features
- All new re-imagined contemporary art style, hand-drawn to feature animation quality and presented in high definition
- Re-mastered music score presented in full orchestrated detail
- Complete voice over using the original Monkey Island franchise cast brings the story and characters of the original adventures to life like never before
- Scene-for-scene hot swap allows for seamless transition between special edition and classic modes anywhere and at any time
Includes all new features
- All-new direct control option allows players to control Guybrush directly if they choose
- Revamped hint system highlights objects of interest in the environment
- In-game audio commentary from the game’s creators gives players direct insight into select scenes of the game
- Bonus art viewer lets players view original and new concept art used in the making of the game
- Character voiceover available in both Special Edition and Classic modes
More articles about Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge