Penned by legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates), Darksiders is set in a Post-Apocalyptic demon-ravaged world where evil forces have prematurely brought about the end of the time.
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of mankind, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible. Now, hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
Players take on the role of War as he embarks on a brutal quest of vengeance and revenge against the forces that betrayed him with the help of his phantom steed Ruin. Darksiders features open-world exploration, a deep combat system and a huge arsenal of modern and mythical weapons.
THQ is partnering with Udon Entertainment to release official Darksiders art books and SOTA Toys on limited-edition statues.
The Art of Darksiders from Udon Entertainment will be the first art book released under the partnership and will feature a comprehensive collection of concept art from the game, including original artwork from creative director and comic book legend, Joe Madureira. Udon will debut the book at the San Diego Comic Con where “Joe Mad” will be making a special appearance for an exclusive signing.
Also at Comic Con, SOTA Toys will be featuring a 14” statue of WAR, the lead character of the game and the first Horseman of the Apocalypse, atop his fiery mount, Ruin. This is the first in a line of limited edition premium statues from SOTA inspired by the art of the Darksiders game. SOTA will begin taking pre-orders starting July 22 on their website, and the statues will be available to own later this year.
Joe Madureira, Creative Director at Vigil Games commented: “I am happy to see Darksiders brought to life with such a wide range of high-quality collectibles, and look forward to meeting the game’s fans in person at this year’s Comic Con in San Diego.”
Germaine Gioia, Senior Vice President of Licensing and Merchandising commented: “We have a broad portfolio of original game properties at THQ that resonate with their target audiences. Over the next few years THQ will offer many new ways to engage with our brands and enhance the interactive experience.”
- Combining brutal attacks, supernatural abilities and seamless traversal, delivering intense action combat and epic adventure, set in an immersive demon ravaged world.
- Each open world hub offers players the freedom to explore and make their own game-experience.
- Unleash WAR’s fury with an expansive arsenal of weapons, from the fantasy oriented to the modern and the ability to use virtually anything within your environment as a weapon.
- Customized to your gameplay style. Build up WARs Wrath powers and unleash them in spectacular attacks—or collect Soul Cores to increase or unlock new abilities.
- Gain the services of Ruin, War’s phantom steed, blazing a trail through enemies across devastated environments.
- Joe Madureira’s (X-Men, Battle Chasers, The Ultimates) unique visual art style and original storyline.
- Darksiders will immerse players in a rich cinematic gameplay experience—featuring beautiful graphics, detailed special effects, cinematic lighting and an epic musical score that compliments the in-game action.
More articles about Darksiders