Victoria2 is a grand strategy game played during the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control over a country, guiding it through industrialisation, political reforms, military conquest and colonisation. Guide the USA to its Manifest Destiny, Make United Kingdom into a world-spanning empire, and make Germany the dominating nation in Europe.
- Deep engrossing political simulation, with dozens of different types of governments.
- Detailed economy with over fifty different type of goods and factories.
- Historical game-play on a large map covering the entire world.
- Over 200 different countries can be played, from 1835 to the start of world war 2.
- Advanced Technological system with thousands of inventions to be discovered.
- Possibility to export a save game at the end of the game into HoI3.
- A streamlined interface, which makes the game easily accessible.
- Automation of various tasks, including trade and population promotion.
- Advanced spheres of influences system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world.
- New types of pops, including bureaucrats and artisans.
- Cottage production simulating pre-industrial economies.
- Gunboat Diplomacy, no need for negotiate as a fleet outside a port may be a more persuasive argument.
- Overhaul of education, where clergy educates people of the same religion, and each pops have their own literacy levels.
- More reform categories with more options to select from in each.
- New election system with coalition governments and an upper house/senate.
- Historical and Dynamic missions guiding your country through the history.
- Thousands of historical events and decisions.
More articles about Victoria II