A decade has passed since the first game, and the face of E.D.N. III has changed dramatically. Terraforming efforts have been successful and the ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush tropical jungles and harsh unforgiving deserts. Players will enter this new environment and follow the exploits of their own customized snow pirate on their quest to seize control of the changing planet.
Players will control their heroes across 6 interconnected episodes, creating a truly unique interactive experience that changes depending upon the actions of the players involved. With this concept, players will have the opportunity to engage in the story in a much more dynamic way as plot threads evolve from different players’ perspectives.
Beyond the deep single player mode, Lost Planet 2 is loaded with extensive multiplayer modes. The intense and action packed campaign mode comes with the ability to form teams of up to 4 players online or two-player in split screen co-op to clear mission objectives with friends. The grappling hooks that made the gameplay in Lost Planet a true 3-D experience are back, allowing gamers to gain tactical advantage by moving to elevated locations quickly.
No action game would be complete without an arsenal of weaponry, and Lost Planet 2 has a huge variety of hardware for players to unleash on unsuspecting enemies. Machine guns, shotguns, rocket launchers, lasers, sniper rifles, grenades and a host of other weapons are scattered across the game. However, Lost Planet 2’s biggest weapons come on two legs: the heavily armed and armored robotic Vital Suits return in greater numbers and variety than the first game. There are VS that transform into other vehicles, hold up to three players and some that even take multiple players to operate.
Here's the details on what to expect:
- Respawning points are changed - e.g. the player can start from the beginning of the boss fight, rather than start the level from the beginning and so on.
- The player's attacking power has been strengthened. (This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.)
- The level of animations for the player being affected near by attack/explosion is lowered. This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.)
- The level of damage to the player is lowered. (This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.)
- Harmonizer is adjusted to be more powerful. (This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.)
- The level of animations for the enemies being affected near by attack/explosion is increased. (This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.)
- Tip texts are added to the objects that require the B button action such as Data Posts.
- Weapons' parameters are adjusted - i.e. they became quite evenly balanced (not too strong, not too weak).
- The speed of the player's dash is increased.
PS3 version is receiving the update on the 7th of June and Xbox360 update is already in plan. (Details on Xbox360 update will be notified on the official website)
- Co-op action: Team up to battle the giant Akrid in explosive 4 player online co-operative play or two player splitscreen. Teamwork is the player’s key to victory as the team is dependent on each other to succeed and survive.
- Deep level of character customization: Players will have hundreds of different ways to customize their look, nom de guerre, emotes, and weapons to truly help them define their character on the battlefield both on- and offline. A wide array of customizable abilities range from taking less damage, to running faster to operating data posts quicker
- Beautiful massive environments: Capcom’s advanced graphics engine, MT Framework 2.0, will bring the game to life with the next step in 3D fidelity and performance
- Massive scale of enemies: Players skill on the battlefield and ability to work as a team will be tested like never before against the giant Akrid. Players will utilize teamwork tactics, new weapons and a variety of vital suits (VS) to fight these larger-than-life bosses.
- Rewards System: Players will receive rewards for assisting teammates and contributing to the team’s success
- Multiplayer: Compete in 16-player multiplayer matches with nine different maps and 5 different game modes including Data Post Battle, Akrid Egg Battle, Fugitive, Elimination and Team Elimination. Additional maps will be available as downloadable content after the game’s release.
- Exciting new VS features- Based on fan feedback, the team has implemented an unbelievable variety of Vital Suits and new ways to combat VS’s. The new VS system will have a powerful impact on the way the player takes to the war zone in Lost Planet 2.
More articles about Lost Planet 2