PlayStation Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PS3 by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye camera and PlayStation Move navigation controller, PlayStation Move enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on the PS3 system.
The corner stone of PlayStation Move, PlayStation Move motion controller combines advanced motion sensors, a dynamic color changing sphere, vibration feedback, and an easy to use button interface. Equipped with three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and terrestrial magnetic field sensor, PlayStation Move motion controller tracks the precise movements and the angle of the controller while the PlayStation Eye detects the absolute position of the controller in 3D space. Highly sensitive movement tracking can be accurately traced back to the game, allowing intuitive gameplay as if the player is within the game.
- Works with required PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position and movement
- Includes action buttons of DualShock 3 and SixAxis wireless controller for direct input
- Sleek and Wireless
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements
- Color of the sphere's light provides visual feedback during gameplay
- Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions
- Bluetooth technology supports wireless gaming
- Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system
- Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A - Mini-B)
The PlayStation Move platform consists of the PlayStation Move motion controller, the PlayStation Eye camera and, of course, the PS3. SCEA will offer various options for you to choose from depending on what hardware you already own and what kind of PlayStation Move experience will satisfy you. Here’s a breakdown of prices depending on your current situation.What Move Setup is Right for You?
I don’t yet have a PS3
- Your best option: *PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle
- How much it will cost? $399.99
I have a PS3 and nothing else
- Your best option: **PlayStation Move Bundle
- How much it will cost? $99.99
I have a PS3 and PlayStation Eye camera
- Your best option: Move Motion Controller
- How much it will cost? $49.99
For those of you who own a PS3 already, the PlayStation Move Bundle is the complete Move package, offering everything that you, your friends and your family need to enjoy PlayStation Move in both single-player and multiplayer modes. The PlayStation Move platform is designed to be flexible. We’ve done our best to give you plenty of options, both in terms of gameplay and hardware, so you can customize your PlayStation Move experience to fit the way you game.
For the vast majority of PlayStation Move games, you can play with one motion controller when playing solo. There are some titles that give you the option to play single-player with one *or* two motion controllers if you would like, such as Sports Champions. It’s completely up to you. One title launching this fall that is an exception worth noting is The Fight: Lights Out, which requires two motion controllers to deliver the best possible experience, tracking both arms and your head with one-to-one precision.
In many games, when you’re playing against friends or family, you can all share one motion controller – in a game like Start the Party!, for example, players can just pass the motion controller around. You will need more than one motion controller only for simultaneous game play — for example, if you’re going head-to-head with a friend in a Sports Champions gladiator duel, you will each need your own motion controller.
The PlayStation Move Navigation Controller is an optional add-on that brings directional buttons, an analog stick, and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move’s control scheme. The sleek Navigation Controller essentially replicates the left side of the DualShock 3 controller for familiar and natural control. At $29.99, we think it’s a wonderful supplement to the PlayStation Move platform, especially for games like Heavy Rain, where you control a character, but it’s not required for any of the PlayStation Move games. The DualShock 3 controller that came with your PS3 will let you do everything the Navigation Controller does in all PlayStation Move titles.
It all goes back to the PlayStation philosophy that every consumer is different, and everybody benefits when you get to make your own choices. An extra motion controller or a navigation controller are additive to the PlayStation Move experience. For some of you, aiming a bow and arrow with two motion controllers in Sports Champions will be the enhanced realism you’re craving; for others, one controller will work just fine.
Pricing and Availability:
Available in North America on September, 21, 2010. PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment will launch this fall.
- PlayStation Move Motion Controller - $49.99 (MSRP)
- PlayStation Eye Camera - $39.99 (MSRP)
- PlayStation Move navigation controller - $29.99 (MSRP)
- PlayStation Move Charging Station - $29.99 (MSRP)
- PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment - $19.99 (MSRP)
- PlayStation Move bundle - $99.99 (MSRP)
- Includes PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye, Sports Champions Blu-ray game, and PlayStation Move game demo disc
- PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle - $399.99 (MSRP)
- Includes PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc
More articles about PlayStation 3