Splatterhouse follows college student Rick Taylor as he tries to rescue his girlfriend, Jennifer, who has disappeared after entering the mysterious and run-down West Mansion. Confronted by horrific other-worldly creatures, Rick comes across a mystical sentient mask that promises to give him the power to find Jennifer. Full of desperation and rage, Rick puts on the "Terror Mask" and is transformed into a juggernaut of pure violence and destruction. Featuring an original storyline by critically-acclaimed comic book writer Gordon Rennie (Necronauts, Judge Dredd), Splatterhouse takes Rick beyond the mansion as he scours the ends of the world to rescue his beloved Jennifer.
Embodying the unfiltered, primal aggression of its namesake, Splatterhouse gives players countless ways to decimate the mansion's assortment of demons, monstrosities and abominations. Featuring a dynamic combat system, Rick will be able to use his brute strength to perform bone-crushing melee combos, savage grapples and wield an assortment of makeshift weapons including the series' trademark 2x4 and even limbs and heads ripped from enemies themselves. Players will also be able to reanimate the corpses of fallen enemies to fight alongside Rick, imparting strategic depth to the game's battle and unique puzzle systems. More agile than ever before, Rick can now leap great distances and propel himself to out of reach areas by swinging from outcroppings in the environment, adding an all-new level of exploration to the series.
Introducing a new regeneration mechanic, players will be able to determine Rick's status in battle by visible cues detailing how injured he is, doing away with the traditional health bar. If he succumbs to the mansion's deadly inhabitants, they will begin to dismember him, savagely tearing away limbs and ripping at his flesh to expose his internal organs. To survive, Rick must call upon the power of the Terror Mask to regenerate his mutilated body, allowing players to watch in gory detail as bones, veins, muscles and skin return to his body in real-time.
- An innovative reinvention of a classic category-killer with an original storyline inspired by Gordon Rennie (Necronauts, Judge Dredd)
- Favorite enemies have evolved into horrific monsters of radical proportions and shocking detail
- Directional blood and gore system adds to even more immersive gameplay, with fluids and guts flying and splatting in sympathetic response to attacks and environmental factors
- Real time regeneration eliminates the traditional health bar by showing physical damage & the rebuilding of bone, muscle and skin.
- Use Rick's deep set of moves, improvised weapons, environmental attacks, and unique enemy AI to obliterate enemies at each turn.
- Splatterkills Engaging combo system that opens up to gruesome Splatterkills, which destroy your enemies with gory and cinematic effects. Use the Analog stick movements to literally tear an enemy apart at will.
- Terrifying enemies and epic-scale bosses provide unnerving experiences and memorable challenges
- Diverse stages and advanced environments with H.P. Lovecraft-influenced style are coupled with a world-class heavy metal soundtrack and custom music score, keeping the tone tense and eerie
- Weapons Use: weapons of all kinds to bludgeon your enemies, ranging from classic 2X4's to chainsaws to your enemies' own limbs
- A supercharged soundtrack with songs from today's most influential Heavy Metal artists
- New "Splatterkill System" uses analog stick to rip-apart enemies with amazing responsiveness, affording a truly visceral "hands-on" experience
More articles about Splatterhouse