The Rock Band 2 soundtrack features over 100 songs with over 80 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made available for free download this fall. This builds upon the unparalleled depth and diversity of Rock Band's original set list and its ever-expanding library of downloadable tracks. Comprised entirely of master recordings from some of rock's most prolific and untouchable artists, including AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Pearl Jam and more, Rock Band 2 will deliver the most impressive and largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame ever.
Rock Band DLC additions for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii
Bad Religion formed in 1979 in Southern California and have been a driving force in the punk rock music scene since. They recently celebrated their 30th anniversary with a tour this spring that was documented on the collection 30 Years Live. Still, the punk legends show no sign of slowing down, and on Sept. 28 will release their 15th studio album, The Dissent of Man. Next week, two tracks from Bad Religion will be available for Rock Band play. “New Dark Ages” from the band’s 14th studio album, 2007’s New Maps of Hell, and “No Control,” the title track from the 1989 album of the same name, will both be available. The group is currently touring the world; fans can check out tour dates at www.BadReligion.com.
The Stooges will also expand their Rock Band offerings with “The Stooges Pack 01,” featuring three songs from the Iggy Pop-fronted punk group. American rockers The Stooges formed in 1967 and were instrumental in the rise of punk rock. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year. Available next week are “1969,” “I Wanna Be Your Dog” and “No Fun,” all from the group’s debut album, The Stooges, which was originally released in 1969. A collector's edition two-disc version of the album was released earlier this year exclusively on Rhino Handmade and is available only at www.rhino.com.
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PS3 (July 20):
- Bad Religion – “New Dark Ages”
- Bad Religion – “No Control” +
- The Stooges – “1969” +
- The Stooges – “I Wanna Be Your Dog” +
- The Stooges – “No Fun” +
(All tracks are original master recordings)
(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system July 21)
These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Stooges Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Songs marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.
- $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
- $5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Stooges Pack 01
- $2.00 USD (200 Wii Points) per track
** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Rock Band 2 On-Disc Track List:
- AC/DC "Let There Be Rock" 1970s
- AFI "Girl's Gone Grey" 2000s
- Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know" 1990s
- Alice in Chains "Man in the Box" 1990s
- Allman Brothers "Ramblin' Man" 1970s
- Avenged Sevenfold "Almost Easy" 2000s
- Bad Company "Shooting Star" 1970s
- Beastie Boys "So Whatcha Want" 1990s
- Beck "E-Pro" 2000s
- Bikini Kill "Rebel Girl" 1990s
- Billy Idol "White Wedding Pt. I" 1980s
- Blondie "One Way or Another" 1970s
- Bob Dylan "Tangled Up in Blue" 1970s
- Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer" 1980s
- Cheap Trick "Hello There" 1970s
- Devo "Uncontrollable Urge" 1980s
- Dinosaur Jr. "Feel the Pain" 1990s
- Disturbed "Down with the Sickness" 2000s
- Dream Theater "Panic Attack" 2000s
- Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf" 1980s
- Elvis Costello "Pump It Up" 1970s
- Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way" 1970s
- Foo Fighters "Everlong" 1990s
- Guns N' Roses "Shackler's Revenge" 2000s
- Interpol "PDA" 2000s
- Jane's Addiction "Mountain Song" 1980s
- Jethro Tull "Aqualung" 1970s
- Jimmy Eat World "The Middle" 2000s
- Joan Jett "Bad Reputation" 1980s
- Journey "Anyway You Want It" 1970s
- Judas Priest "Painkiller" 1990s
- Kansas "Carry On Wayward Son" 1970s
- L7 "Pretend We're Dead" 1990s
- Lacuna Coil "Our Truth" 2000s
- Linkin Park "One Step Closer" 2000s
- Lit "My Own Worst Enemy" 1990s
- Lush "De-Luxe" 1990s
- Mastodon "Colony of Birchmen" 2000s
- Megadeth "Peace Sells" 1980s
- Metallica "Battery" 1980s
- Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Where'd You Go" 1990s
- Modest Mouse "Float On" 2000s
- Motorhead "Ace of Spades" 1980s
- Nirvana "Drain You" 1990s
- Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky" 1960s
- Panic at the Disco "Nine in the Afternoon" 2000s
- Paramore "That's What You Get" 2000s
- Pearl Jam "Alive" 1990s
- Presidents of the USA "Lump" 1990s
- Rage Against the Machine "Testify" 1990s
- Ratt "Round & Round" 1980s
- Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give it Away" 1990s
- Rise Against "Give it All" 2000s
- Rush "The Trees" 1970s
- Silversun Pickups "Lazy Eye" 2000s
- Smashing Pumpkins "Today" 1990s
- Social Distortion "I Was Wrong" 1990s
- Sonic Youth "Teenage Riot" 1980s
- Soundgarden "Spoonman" 1990s
- Squeeze "Cool for Cats" 1970s
- Steely Dan "Bodhitsattva" 1970s
- Steve Miller Band "Rock'n Me" 1970s
- Survivor "Eye of the Tiger" 1980s
- System of a Down "Chop Suey" 2000s
- Talking Heads "Psycho Killer" 1970s
- Tenacious D "Master Exploder" 2000s
- Testament "Souls of Black" 1990s
- The Donnas "New Kid in School" 2000s
- The Go-Go's "We Got the Beat" 1980s
- The Grateful Dead "Alabama Getaway" 1980s
- The Guess Who "American Woman" 1970s
- The Muffs "Kids in America" 1990s
- The Offspring "Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated)" 1990s
- The Replacements "Alex Chilton" 1980s
- The Who "Pinball Wizard" 1960s
- Abnormality "Visions" 2000s
- Anarchy Club "Get Clean" 2000s
- Bang Camaro "Night Lies" 2000s
- Breaking Wheel "Shoulder to the Plow" 2000s
- The Libyans "Neighborhood" 2000s
- The Main Drag "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" 2000s
- Speck "Conventional Lover" 2000s
- The Sterns "Supreme Girl" 2000s
- That Handsome Devil "Rob the Prez-O-Dent" 2000s
** The Rock Band 2 on-disc track list is comprised entirely of master recordings.
Rock Band 2 raises the bar in music gaming innovation with new features to rock the world:
- Local and global online modes to connect the entire Rock Band community
- World Tour mode, now online, simplifies the best of gameplay from the original Rock Band by fusing Solo Tour and Band World Tour modes and cranks it up a notch with an all new collection of opportunity gigs, challenges, cities, venues and hirable staff
- Tour Challenges that offer rockers a chance to play through mini-campaigns focused on the best songs by instrument, decade, genre, artist, album and more
- Battle of the Bands mode challenges players to go head to head against other bands in constantly refreshed contests* created by Harmonix (*internet connection required)
- Quickplay makes it easier than ever to get in and jam without hassle while allowing for new prefab characters or customized characters that can play on any instrument plus lets you make your own set lists and organize your song lists in a variety of categories (genre, era, etc.)
- Customizable Set Lists keep the music rolling and your band rocking in Quickplay mode
- Drum Trainer mode gives players the fundamentals of different beats and fills, translating gameplay into real drumming skills
- Character Creator completes your look with all new choices in clothing, accessories, tattoos, hairstyles, instruments and more to keep your unique rock avatar playing the full rock part
- Backwards compatibility with all Rock Band downloadable music content released to date
- Disc Export Feature gives owners of the original Rock Band the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into Rock Band 2 gameplay-the first time ever in videogame history!
From the solid officially licensed Rock Band 2 instruments to the expanded third party options, Rock Band 2 introduces new and improved choices that promise to deliver unsurpassed realism. In addition, Harmonix and MTV Games have become the first companies to officially support third party instruments and accessories in a music videogame.
Achieve ultimate stardom with the upgraded functionality and smooth new look of the official Rock Band 2 instruments.
- Fender Stratocaster Controller takes on a new authentic look plus adds a reinforced strum bar, quieter buttons, wireless functionality and a built in calibration tool that automatically sets your AV setup to an ideal setting for maximum rock.
- Drum set goes wireless while also featuring quieter, velocity sensitive drum pads and a metal reinforced pedal.
- Microphone showcases authentic styling and weight.
Kick up the intensity with officially licensed third-party instruments from Mad Catz:
- Fender Telecaster Controller features soft buttons with lower action to help you shred faster than ever.
- Fender Bass Controller, the first bass guitar controller ever, takes the shape of the Fender P-Bass with extended length, tuning pegs and a split strum bar to replicate finger-bass style picking.
- Full-sized Squire Stratocaster Guitar Controller multiplies the authentic guitar experience by featuring a controller built into an actual Squire Stratocaster body.
- Cymbal Expansion Pack is a straightforward but amazing upgrade to the Rock Band 2 drum set featuring add-on cymbals.
Take Rock Band 2 instrument authenticity to a whole new level with a high-end peripheral from ION:
- ION Drum Rocker, a real electronic drum kit that functions as a game controller, brings the Rock Band fantasy to life featuring a simple substitution that takes the drum kit from a controller to a real instrument.
Rock Band 2 is currently available on Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii.
More articles about Rock Band 2