Like the original Mafia title, Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940's-early 1950's scenario. By fusing high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, players will easily become engaged in the game's cinematic Hollywood movie experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city.
Powered by 2K Czech’s next-generation engine built specifically for Mafia II, players will experience the true evolution of the Mob game that defined a genre. Gunfights, hand-to-hand combat and vehicular exploration feature new depth and dimension that allow players to experience the world of Mafia II in a way that will keep them coming back for more.
Born the son of a poor immigrant, Vito is a beaten down Italian American who is trying to secure his piece of the American Dream. Looking to escape the life of poverty that consumed his childhood, Vito is soon swayed by the lure of power and wealth that a life of Organized Crime can bring.
A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend, Joe, will descend into the world of Organized Crime. Together, they will work to prove themselves to the Mob as they try to make their names on the streets of a cold and unforgiving city.
Mafia II. The Betrayal of Jimmy will be available as a free download on the day the game launches exclusively for players worldwide who purchase a new copy of Mafia II for the PS3. The second DLC pack, Jimmy's Vendetta, will be available soon after the launch of Mafia II and will offer players a different arcade style of gameplay with new missions and leaderboard competition on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Get ready for a wild ride with guns blazing through Empire Bay.
The Betrayal of Jimmy downloadable content, available exclusively for the PS3, will be accessible for free with voucher codes included with each new PlayStation 3 system copy of the game, or purchasable beginning on the day of Mafia II's launch through the PlayStation Network for $9.99.
The Betrayal of Jimmy will take players into an alternate perspective of the mob through the eyes of Jimmy, a mercenary. Jimmy is the guy the other guys call when they need to finish the job. The Betrayal of Jimmy features dozens of intense newly created arcade-style, city-based missions that keep Jimmy driving, shooting and rampaging through Empire Bay. Missions will unlock as they progress, activating a slew of assassination and timed vehicle missions ending in dramatic shootouts and explosive car chases. Players will rack up points for performance, power slides, and skill shots. The scores will be immediately posted to thenew leaderboard system, providing extensive re-playability, as players work to rise to the top of the ranks. Get to know Empire Bay - the executioner's way.
In Jimmy's Vendetta, which will be available for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, players will get their hands dirty helping Jimmy clean up other people's messes. New city-based missions and locales will give players many new reasons to head back to Empire Bay. Jimmy's Vendetta will offer more replay action and allow players to outrank friends as they rise to the top of the leaderboard. Details on pricing and availability for Jimmy's Vendetta will be revealed at a later date.
- Gangster-Movie Experience: Through strong, authentic characterization and compelling narrative, the mature storyline will make you understand the pull and impossible escape of life in the Mob
- Action-Packed Gameplay: Take part in heart-stopping car-to-car gunfights, white-knuckled hand-to-hand combat and intense gunplay, all of which come together to form an intense and exciting experience
- All-New Engine Powers the Next Generation of Mob Videogames: 2K Czech’s next-generation engine, allows gamers to travel from beautifully rendered outdoor environments to intricately designed interiors seamlessly without the need for loading times
- Authentic Script From the Writer of Mafia I: The writing team from Mafia I returns to deliver another powerhouse script that portrays a stunning tale of survival, camaraderie and the pitfalls of pursuing the American Dream
- Music as Environment: Players will be immersed in the Golden Era of America as Mafia II features tracks from some of the era’s most influential artists
Mafia II is rated M for Mature.
More articles about Mafia II