Like the original Mafia title, Mafia 2 immerses players in the mob underworld of a fictitious late 1940's-early 1950's scenario. By fusing high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative, players will easily become engaged in the game's cinematic Hollywood movie experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing city.
Powered by 2K Czech’s next-generation engine built specifically for Mafia II, players will experience the true evolution of the Mob game that defined a genre. Gunfights, hand-to-hand combat and vehicular exploration feature new depth and dimension that allow players to experience the world of Mafia II in a way that will keep them coming back for more.
Born the son of a poor immigrant, Vito is a beaten down Italian American who is trying to secure his piece of the American Dream. Looking to escape the life of poverty that consumed his childhood, Vito is soon swayed by the lure of power and wealth that a life of Organized Crime can bring.
A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend, Joe, will descend into the world of Organized Crime. Together, they will work to prove themselves to the Mob as they try to make their names on the streets of a cold and unforgiving city.
All Mafia II players will enjoy the benefits of the Steamworks features included in all PC versions, such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements, statistics, downloadable content, and more.
Customers who pre-order the standard or Digital Deluxe Edition of Mafia II through select digital retailers, including Steam, will be given a free digital copy of the award-winning original Mafia game that they can access and play now.
The Mafia II Digital Deluxe Edition includes digital versions of the Mafia II Collector’s Edition content that further enhances the action crime experience.
The Mafia II Digital Deluxe Edition will offer players plenty of exclusive content and benefits, including:
- Made Man Pack:Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets you get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
- Digital Art Book:Players get to know Empire Bay with a photo album-style Digital Art Book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
- Orchestral Soundtrack:Immerse yourself in a symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra.
- Digital Map of Empire Bay:Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with the Digital Map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.
"Using Steamworks to power Mafia II has been a great benefit for 2K Games and our development team," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "It's meant that we can spend more time creating content and a great experience for our customers because we know that Steam and Steamworks are enabling these important features within the game."
"Mafia II is joining Sid Meier's Civilization V as the next title to use Steamworks from 2K Games," said Gabe Newell, President of Valve. "Our focus for Steam is on building services that create value for our customers and for creators, and Mafia II, with its all-new game engine and inclusion of Steamworks, is a great example of that."
- Gangster-Movie Experience: Through strong, authentic characterization and compelling narrative, the mature storyline will make you understand the pull and impossible escape of life in the Mob
- Action-Packed Gameplay: Take part in heart-stopping car-to-car gunfights, white-knuckled hand-to-hand combat and intense gunplay, all of which come together to form an intense and exciting experience
- All-New Engine Powers the Next Generation of Mob Videogames: 2K Czech’s next-generation engine, allows gamers to travel from beautifully rendered outdoor environments to intricately designed interiors seamlessly without the need for loading times
- Authentic Script From the Writer of Mafia I: The writing team from Mafia I returns to deliver another powerhouse script that portrays a stunning tale of survival, camaraderie and the pitfalls of pursuing the American Dream
- Music as Environment: Players will be immersed in the Golden Era of America as Mafia II features tracks from some of the era’s most influential artists
More articles about Mafia II