SpeedTree delivers beautiful, amazingly natural real-time trees and plants with seamless LOD transitions, an array of lighting, physics & wind effects, and an SDK programmed to support any level of engine integration. SpeedTree includes the SpeedTree Modeler, a Windows application that offers a unique hybrid of hand and procedural modeling options.
“Version 5.2 delivers options that have been requested by both our game and animation customers,” said IDV President Michael Sechrest. “These new features ensure an even faster, more efficient path to bringing precisely-modeled, naturally-animated trees quickly to vast virtual areas.” New v5.2 features will be demonstrated during SIGGRAPH 2010 next week in Los Angeles, at the SpeedTree display in booth #239.
SpeedTree v5.2, available now for evaluation & licensing, offers the following new features:
- Expanded Library. New pines, broadleaves, shrubs and other species, bringing the total v5 library count to more than 125 species.
- Cinema-Quality Wind, Exportable via Point Caching. Rolling wind effects and individual leaf motion, including random leaf twitching, which can be exported via point caching for animations, game cutscenes etc.
- World Building in SpeedTree Modeler. A toolset for filling vast areas quickly by setting any number of rules for foliage placement, e.g. according to slope, location of water, other trees etc.; plus the ability to view changes in real time.
- Mesh-Based Growth. Grow branches, leaves, trunks etc. off of arbitrary meshes.
- Memory Reductions. SpeedTree Modeler memory demands vs. v5.1 reduced by up to 40 percent.
- Unit and Arbitrary Size Conversions. Convert SpeedTree models to the units of your choice