A raw and brutal crime shooter, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days follows two disturbed criminals, Lynch – an impulsive and reckless self-medicated psychopath and Kane – a tactical but disillusioned and desperate ex-mercenary, through 48 hours of hell.
Introducing a new visual experience inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era. Players are pulled into the game world, with every move and shift of the camera capturing the mayhem, in an unscripted style.
Beyond the stylized look and violent story, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days delivers all-new multiplayer modes as the highly celebrated Fragile Alliance mode returns, along with new Undercover Cop, Cops & Robbers and Arcade modes, with each mode raising the stakes of greed, betrayal, and revenge.
After a simple job goes wrong, Kane and Lynch find themselves wanted by the entire Shanghai underworld. Lynch is living the good life as a henchman in Shanghai, where he has settled down with his girlfriend. He's involved in a big arms deal but needs help to make it happen. Kane is a wanderer, an ex-mercenary with family problems who needs to get away. Despite their differences, Lynch calls him for help. Once together, they set-off a chain of events over two days, as the deal falls apart and Kane and Lynch face the consequences the hard way.
The Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days demo is now live on the PS3 in North America and throughout Europe and other PAL territories. The Xbox 360 and PC demos will be released next week on July 26, 2010.
“The response to the exclusive demo has been overwhelming,” said Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive. “Everyone needs to try Kane & Lynch 2 as it’s clear that the unique visual style, gritty story and refreshing multiplayer modes are delivering a sense of tension and excitement not found in other games.”
- Raw, Real & Uncut – Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days introduces a unique, unseen visual style to video games. Taking visual references from documentary filmmaking and the user-generated era, Kane & Lynch 2 delivers a sense of intense realism never before experienced.
- Play as Lynch – This time play as psychopath Lynch. He’s taking advantage of the opportunities Shanghai has to offer, and nothing is going to get in his way.
- Brutal shooter gameplay - players will feel the world pushing back on them, creating constant tension, as they fight to survive. New shooter mechanics built from the ground up with button-activated cover system, refined A.I. and new features to add to the frenetic pace and realism, including:
- Down not Dead - second chance allowing the player to shoot back or crawl to cover in one shot kill situations.
- Human Shields – an act of desperation, adding more dimensions to the cover system.
- Critically Acclaimed Multiplayer - is back with improved and innovative new multiplayer modes:
- Fragile Alliance
- Undercover Cop
- Cops & Robbers
- Online Co-op – play as Kane and Lynch taking on the lowlife of Shanghai.
- Arcade mode: sharpen your heist skills in single player Arcade mode.
- In Arcade Mode, a single player version of the innovative Fragile Alliance mode, your objective is to help the Alliance escape with as much of the loot as possible. You are paid if you survive the round, and continue through increasingly challenging levels as long as you survive and escape, but with the cops on your back and an escape vehicle that can’t wait the pressure is on.
- Relentless Action – Kane & Lynch find themselves wanted by the entire Shanghai underworld.
More articles about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days