Now however, as the 14th Century draws to an end, the first rays of a shining new age appear on the horizon: Common artisans and traders are gaining wealth and influence. More and more common people learn how to read and write, and the gentry loses many of its privileges. This is the onset of the Renaissance, an age of adjustment where ‘common’ people gain valuable individual freedom – and an age where trade, art and artisanry begin to bloom. “The Guild 2 – Renaissance” invites the player into a fascinating age of societal change. Can you keep up with this challenging new age?
This brand-new add-on hugely increases both the size and diversity of the game world – there are innumerable, often unexpected challenges for the player. Nine completely new careers (character classes) allow the player unprecedented freedom in creating the ultimate Guild 2 dynasty: Mercenary, undertaker, mason, entertainer, innkeeper, banker, miller, fruit farm proprietor and more, and the game also includes a wholly re-worked Title system offering a brand-new gameplay element to the player – e.g. in order to reach the next title, you’ll need to either supply your King with lansquenet mercenaries – or serve as an officer in a war yourself.
The vastly improved AI means that enemy dynasties no longer die out easily, and the world of “The Guild 2” was made to look and feel much more alive than previously – wild animals roam the game world, and NPC characters such as dockworkers, drunkards and beggars add to the game’s realistic and detailed atmosphere.
- New scenarios: Additional scenarios set in “The Alps” and “The free Republic of the Netherlands” add detail to the world of “The Guild 2“
- Nine new careers: The player can decide between nine additional professions and thus decide which kinds of character to play.
- Maps expanded: The maps are up to four times the size of those in the original “The Guild 2“
- War and Peace: War keeps breaking out in the new game world – you’ll need to plan your tactics accordingly!
- God-Measures: Various tasks, such as purchasing a new title or running for an office (or forcing someone to marry you), can now be performed without having to have the main character present, which will save players lots of time.
With a plethora of new details such as entirely new buildings, a soundtrack especially composed for the add-on, and a completely re-worked judicial proceedings system, “The Guild 2 – Renaissance” offers a breathtaking gaming experience for Guild noobs and veteran Guild players alike.
More articles about The Guild 2: Renaissance