Now is the time to descend into madness as you explore the dark and twisted world of “The Signal,” the first Game Add-on for “Alan Wake.” In this latest chapter to the critically acclaimed psychological action thriller exclusive to Xbox 360, our favorite writer is in greater peril than ever before as the boundaries between reality and nightmare become disturbingly distorted. Threatening to overwhelm Alan’s mind, the nightmarish mysteries feel chillingly familiar. Keep your flashlight nearby as you get ready to follow “The Signal.”
For “Alan Wake” fans that purchased new copies of the game, a token card is included in each copy to download “The Signal” at no cost. For those looking to purchase the Game Add-on, “The Signal” is available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE for 560 Microsoft Points.
Fans can also further immerse themselves in the mystery of “Alan Wake” through the “Alan Wake” novel from Tor Books, the original soundtrack by Sumthing Else Music Works, the official strategy guide from Prima Games, and the "Alan Wake Illuminated" hardcover art book from Random House. Those who want to gear up properly for their adventure through Bright Falls can also stock up at the official “Alan Wake” store and at CafePress.
Bringing a new style of storytelling to Xbox 360, “Alan Wake” is a psychological action thriller from Remedy, the renowned original developers of the successful “Max Payne” series. The game immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world with hyper-realistic and interactive environments modeled after real locations in Washington and Oregon. “Alan Wake” is episodic-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline inspired by the likes of Stephen King, “Lost” and “Twin Peaks,” unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's 1998 hit StarCraft, which has been hailed by players and critics worldwide as one of the top real-time strategy games of all time. Sporting a vibrant 3D-graphics engine, StarCraft II once again centers on the clash between the protoss, terrans, and zerg, with each side deploying legions of veteran, upgraded, and new unit types. Unparalleled online play for StarCraft II is available through a new version of Battle.net(R), Blizzard Entertainment's world-renowned gaming service. Battle.net has been redesigned from the ground up to be the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard gamers, with several enhancements and new features, such as voice communication, cloud file storage, leagues and ladders, achievements, stat-tracking, and more.
"We've worked hard to deliver an epic continuation of the StarCraft story line as well as the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game with StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Combined with the next-generation online environment of the new Battle.net, we believe players will agree that StarCraft II offers an experience unlike anything we've ever created, and we're excited to finally be able to share it with them."
The solo campaign for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty picks up the saga where it left off in StarCraft: Brood War(R). The story line chronicles the exploits of marshal-turned-rebel-leader Jim Raynor and features both familiar faces and new heroes. Players can tailor the experience, choosing their own mission path and selecting technology and research upgrades to suit their playing style throughout the 29-mission campaign. Several challenge missions are also included, with focused goals designed to ease players into the basics of multiplayer strategies.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is available on DVD-ROM for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 and Macintosh. The standard edition sells for a suggested retail price of $59.99 and will also be available as of 10 a.m. PDT today as a digital purchase. The special Collector's Edition package, available only at retail stores at a suggested price of $99.99, includes the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- An exclusive 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor's dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War(R) expansion set
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director's commentary, and more
- The official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0, a prequel to the comic series
- A World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
Clash of the Titans delivers an unprecedented experience for video game and movie fans alike. Featuring battles of epic proportions, the game goes beyond the feature film to deliver a robust action-adventure complete with additional content and symbolic mythical creatures.
In Clash of the Titans, the ultimate struggle for power pits man against gods. Born of two worlds, Perseus sets out on a mission to vanquish the god who destroyed his family and must come to terms with his demigod status.
Through vast landscapes of swamps, mountains and the underworld, two modes of play let players embody Perseus’ adventure from the film, or take on original new bosses in fresh, dynamic adaptations of one of the greatest mythological stories ever told. An unprecedented style of action-adventure gameplay will arm players with an ever-changing arsenal of weapons. Using more than 80 customizable sub-weapons players can journey solo or with a friend to complete missions and slay a roster of more than 80 different mythological enemies including Centaurs, Cyclops, the legendary villains Medusa and the sea monster known as the Kraken.
Additionally, exciting post-launch downloadable content (DLC) will be available to enhance gameplay and weaponry. More details regarding the DLC will be released in the coming weeks.
Clash of the Titans is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB and will have an MSRP of $59.99.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift inherits all the key features of its predecessor while adding a few twists of its own. Tsubaki, μ-12 and Hazama will join the ranks of the veterans, who will be reborn with additional moves to their arsenal. With new modes like Beginner Mode and Tutorial Mode, even fighting game beginners can pull off combos like the pros and dive right into the action.
“If you’re not on the hype train this time, you’re missing out on the latest greatest 2D game from Arc”, exclaims Gail Salamanca, Marketing Director of Aksys Games. “GET HYPE, CHOO CHOO”!
- New Modes featuring Beginner Mode, Tutorial Mode and Challenge Mode!: Beginner Mode encourages a wider audience with an easier control scheme, anyone can jump right into and play! Tutorial allows the novice and pros to practice everything from the basic mechanics unique to BlazBlue. Challenge Mode offers advanced players character-specific combos and missions.
- Take over Kagutsuchi by creating your own army in Legion Mode!: Defeat the enemy armies positioned at various locations on the map. The ultimate goal is to color the entire map with your color by defeating all the enemy hubs. Recruit enemy soldiers by defeating them!
- Brand new characters, stages, soundtracks and moves!: Welcome Hazama the mysterious performer, Tsubaki the valiant female knight and μ-12. 3D dimensionality and 2D visuals integrated seamlessly with every stage. Four completely new stages with composer, Daisuke Ishiwatari’s seven banging new songs for Continuum Shift!
- Online battling domestically and overseas!: Players can battle others from around the world via the PlayStationNetwork and Xbox LIVE network. Players can not only search for matches, play games, and observe matches online; they can also chat with friends while playing.
Based on Hasbro’s iconic Transformers brand, the downloadable content pack will include five distinct playable Transformers characters and four all-new maps for online multiplayer game modes.
“The fans have spoken and the response to Transformers: War for Cybertron has been colossal,” said David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing, Inc. “Our number one goal since the launch of the game has been to support the rapidly-growing online community, and we recognize the need for these characters and maps to continue the blistering multiplayer gameplay they have come to know and love.”
The additional Transformers characters entering the pack include Scattershot, Onslaught, Shockwave, Demolishor and Jazz. Players have access to all five characters in the game’s adrenaline-pumping, four-player co-op Escalation mode, and will be able to select their chassis to create their own Transformers character in competitive multiplayer.
Additionally, four brand new multiplayer maps extend the diverse set of battlefields on which players can battle with or against their friends online. District and Forsaken allow fans to team up in all-new environments in Escalation mode, while Havok and Fortress deliver more frenetic gameplay in competitive multiplayer modes.
The Transformers: War for Cybertron Map and Character Pack is currently available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points and in the PlayStation Store for the PS3 for $9.99.