Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
Fallen Earth has released content patch v1.6, enabling players to color customize vehicles, flag themselves for world PvP and apply minor respecs when necessary. The patch also includes new graphics enhancements, specifically to arbor.
"As we continue to implement more customization options, players are able to gain a sense of individuality and truly make the wasteland their home," said Dave Haydysch, producer of Fallen Earth. "Players can look forward to other customizations, including armor and possibly weapons, in the next few patches as we continue to build out the customization tools."
Vehicle color customization is phase one of a much larger system that will enable players to customize things like gear, armor and clothing. Players have the option to craft four levels of “basic” Paint And Dye Kits, and for those hardcore explorers, eight “rare” Paint And Dye Kits, offering an alternative selection of colors, can be found throughout the wasteland.
Additionally, players can now flag themselves for world PvP, providing the ability to find fellow rivals and access PvP gameplay anywhere in world.
“The new PvP flagging feature is a major addition to the game as players are no longer limited to conflict towns or PvP zones,” said Haydysch. “Players can locate rivals quickly and fight it out anywhere in world. Those who prefer not to PvP can keep PvP flagging off and avoid the blood bath.”
The patch also introduces a minor respec, allowing players to un-spend up to five AP at a time. The Minor Respec Injector can be purchased from merchants throughout the world and, similar to repair kits, are level-based.
Among several upcoming graphical enhancements, trees throughout the world have also been revamped to give a much more realistic, detailed look with improved lighting and a more defined shape.
The patch also includes a slew of other enhancements, such as increased speed on roadways, a town overhaul, adjusted level curve and additional universal fixes.
Players curious about the updates are encouraged to jump in game as Fallen Earth continues to offer 14 days of free play time to any account holder who doesn’t currently hold a subscription. Players may reactivate their account here, but must do so before August 4 to take advantage of the promotion!
- First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game Hybrid: Engage in intense FPS combat with the depth and customization of RPG character advancement
- Classless Advancement: Utilize the robust skill-based system to build characters with multiple stats, skills, mutation paths, tradeskills and factions
- Massive Real-Time Crafting System: 95 percent of the in-game items—vehicles, consumables, weapons, armor and more—can be made by the players as they scavenge and harvest
- Unique Faction Systems: Ally with or rally against six factions to determine how the post-apocalyptic world is rebuilt
- Multiple Game Play Modes: Experience multiple types of game play including crafting, exploration, vehicle combat and scavenging in both solo and group play
- Tactical Player vs. Player: Battle in one of the open PvP zones or wage war with the factions to claim control of a town
- Vast Explorable World: Put survival instincts to the test while experiencing 70 towns with more than 5,500 missions spread over 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory
More articles about Fallen Earth