The updated side scrolling adventure features next generation graphics meets retro gameplay style. With classic 2D platforming in a 3D world, Bonk: Brink of Extinction combines new enemies, collectables, downloadable content and online play for the first time in the series.
Bonk: Brink of Extinction is an all new downloadable adventure featuring story mode with co-op play. The loveable caveman Bonk and his huge head returns to save the world from a doomsday comet on a collision course with Earth. Meanwhile the comet’s magnetic field is driving the planet’s creatures crazy and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk's home. Bonk must swim, bite, climb, jump, run and headbutt his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns while earning power ups, reaching check points and gaining extra health on a perilous journey to the very center of the planet. Bonk: Brink of Extinction also features new transformations as Bonk morphs into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Ooze.
Initially made for NEC’s TurboGrafx-16 console in 1990, Bonk’s Adventure was a platform adventure title that earned a committed fan base and earned Game of the Year honors. Bonk’s Revenge and Bonk 3: Bonk’s Big Adventure followed up the classic title on TurboGrafx-16. Nintendo also featured Bonk in the Gameboy title also named Bonk’s Revenge and Super Bonk for the Super NES. With the introduction of the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console, Hudson brought back Bonk's Adventure as the first title available under the TurboGrafx-16 library.
The Return Of The Classic Platformer
- Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you any time.
- An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
- Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
- Transformations are back and weirder than ever! Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Ooze. No enemy is safe from the boy with the super noggin!
- Multiple other modes and adventures are available as add on packs
- Online play for the first time in the series.
- New enemies with wide variations in personality/abilities. Beware the Raptor Unicycle Tank!
- Next generation gameplay meets retro brand: Classic 2D platforming in a 3D world.
- Collectibles will have you searching the entire prehistoric world
- Download Content to keep the experience going
More articles about Bonk: Brink of Extinction