A raw and brutal crime shooter, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days follows two disturbed criminals, Lynch – an impulsive and reckless self-medicated psychopath and Kane – a tactical but disillusioned and desperate ex-mercenary, through 48 hours of hell.
Introducing a new visual experience inspired by documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era. Players are pulled into the game world, with every move and shift of the camera capturing the mayhem, in an unscripted style.
Beyond the stylized look and violent story, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days delivers all-new multiplayer modes as the highly celebrated Fragile Alliance mode returns, along with new Undercover Cop, Cops & Robbers and Arcade modes, with each mode raising the stakes of greed, betrayal, and revenge.
After a simple job goes wrong, Kane and Lynch find themselves wanted by the entire Shanghai underworld. Lynch is living the good life as a henchman in Shanghai, where he has settled down with his girlfriend. He's involved in a big arms deal but needs help to make it happen. Kane is a wanderer, an ex-mercenary with family problems who needs to get away. Despite their differences, Lynch calls him for help. Once together, they set-off a chain of events over two days, as the deal falls apart and Kane and Lynch face the consequences the hard way.
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days deliver two heart-racing single-player experiences. Story Mode which follows the exploits of video games two most notorious criminals and Arcade Mode, which places the player in the role of one of Glazer’s men – presenting a new perspective and delivering further back story as players are thrust in to pulling off random heists throughout Shanghai with a team of crooked and untrustworthy ex-pats.
In essence, Arcade Mode is a single-player offline game of Fragile Alliance - the celebrated multiplayer experience based on Greed, Betrayal & Revenge. The basic rules are the same, except that the other criminal players are replaced with NPCs. Arcade Mode allows players to understand the rules, learn the maps and play mechanics and ultimately sharpen their skills before going online playing Fragile Alliance.
Like in Fragile Alliance players share the money with other criminals escaping the heist, and keep the money if they can successfully escape as a traitor. Players are also recognized and rewarded for quick escapes, allies escaped and for eliminating cops trying to prevent the heist.
But… players cannot be too hasty, as they will lose money for killing innocent civilians and becoming a traitor. Opportunistic players who choose to go rouge and become a traitor will need to move fast, if they decide to run off with the money on their own. Not only will they need to worry about the cops, they’ll also be hunted down by the team they’ve turned against.
To advance, players must work together as a team to escape with as much loot as possible, within a four minute time period. And players will need to learn from their mistakes quickly, as they’ll only have three chances to pull-off the heist. Fail to escape the heist or become a casualty and players will lose a life. To make matters more interesting, for each progressive round the difficulty ramps up, making it harder escape. In the end it’s all about how much money players have and the person with the most money rules.
There is an offline high-score list for players who want to compete against friends at home and an online leaderboard where they can compete with the rest of the Kane and Lynch community. The online leaderboard will automatically send a friend a message telling them that they’ve been beaten, which will appear on the info-stream next time they start up a game.
Finally, and possibly most importantly, weapons can be bought between rounds, just like in the standard Fragile Alliance mode. These are kept until the player dies or chooses to replace them. The higher criminal rank a player has the more weapons they unlock. Best of all, players can carry their criminal rank and all the weapons they’ve unlocked in Arcade Mode, and take it with them when they go online!Key Features:
- Raw, Real & Uncut – Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days introduces a unique, unseen visual style to video games. Taking visual references from documentary filmmaking and the user-generated era, Kane & Lynch 2 delivers a sense of intense realism never before experienced.
- Play as Lynch – This time play as psychopath Lynch. He’s taking advantage of the opportunities Shanghai has to offer, and nothing is going to get in his way.
- Brutal shooter gameplay - players will feel the world pushing back on them, creating constant tension, as they fight to survive. New shooter mechanics built from the ground up with button-activated cover system, refined A.I. and new features to add to the frenetic pace and realism, including:
- Down not Dead - second chance allowing the player to shoot back or crawl to cover in one shot kill situations.
- Human Shields – an act of desperation, adding more dimensions to the cover system.
- Critically Acclaimed Multiplayer - is back with improved and innovative new multiplayer modes:
- Fragile Alliance
- Undercover Cop
- Cops & Robbers
- Online Co-op – play as Kane and Lynch taking on the lowlife of Shanghai.
- Arcade mode: sharpen your heist skills in single player Arcade mode.
- In Arcade Mode, a single player version of the innovative Fragile Alliance mode, your objective is to help the Alliance escape with as much of the loot as possible. You are paid if you survive the round, and continue through increasingly challenging levels as long as you survive and escape, but with the cops on your back and an escape vehicle that can’t wait the pressure is on.
- Relentless Action – Kane & Lynch find themselves wanted by the entire Shanghai underworld.
More articles about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days