In this dynamic new title, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer’s block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife.
Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Wash., “Alan Wake” immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to explore the hyper-realistic and interactive environments. “Alan Wake” is mission-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn.
Players will unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In this nightmarish world, where fantasy and reality collide, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the darkness — light itself.
Sumthing Else Music Works presents Alan Wake Original Score featuring original music from the Xbox 360® video game Alan Wake composed by Petri Alanko. The Alan Wake Original Score will be released on July 20th to retail outlets through Sumthing Else Music Works www.sumthing.com, and will be available for digital download on Sumthing Digital www.sumthingdigital.com and iTunes.
Bringing a new style of storytelling to Xbox 360®, Alan Wake™ is a psychological action thriller from Remedy Entertainment, the renowned original developers of the successful Max Payne series. In this dynamic new title exclusively for Xbox 360®, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer's block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife. Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, Alan Wake™ immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to explore the hyper-realistic and interactive environments.
"Scoring Alan Wake was all about finding the motives of the characters and what forces them onwards," says composer Petri Alanko. "Composing a romantic score for a psychothriller might not seem obvious, but to me it was the right approach for the game - and I thank Remedy for believing in the decisions I made."
- Alan Wake
- A Writer's Dream
- Welcome To Bright Falls
- Cross That River
- Waking Up To A Nightmare
- The Clicker
- Taken By The Night
- On The Run
- Mirror Peak
- Tom The Diver
- The Night It All Began
- Bright Falls Light & Power
- The Well-Lit Room
- Water Pressure
- Intense psychological thriller. “Alan Wake” delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plot that raises the bar for storytelling in video games. The riveting story of “Alan Wake” is propelled by a movie-like atmosphere, compelling situations, memorable characters and real-time pacing. Remedy has a record of creating and developing games with unique cinematic presentation and exceptionally high production values.
- Light as a combat element. As Wake journeys deeper into the mystery of Bright Falls, the shadows close in around him. When darkness descends, light becomes his only ally as he fights his way to daybreak. . This poses a severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly gain strength from the shadows, and before long, light itself becomes his greatest ally. Players must skillfully combine their use of light with more conventional weapons to stand a chance.
- Realistic, interactive environment. Set in the town of Bright Falls, the hyper-detailed environments of the Pacific Northwest play an important role; even the change in daylight and weather will profoundly affect the characters and enemies in “Alan Wake.” The game’s advanced rendering engine provides amazingly realistic environments that bring this world to detailed life — from the lush forest of evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildings and streets. The world of “Alan Wake” is alive and real.
- Episodic narrative. The mission-based structure of “Alan Wake” creates an episodic narrative similar to a deeply structured dramatic television series, such as Twin Peak and X-Files. As the episodes progress, gameplay will evolve to introduce new elements and characters, escalating the level of threat and action in the game.
More articles about Alan Wake