Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep takes players back to the beginnings of the KINGDOM HEARTS saga, long before Sora was chosen by his Keyblade. Players will explore iconic Disney worlds in a unique gaming experience that unfolds through the perspectives of three different main characters: Terra, Ventus and Aqua. Their journeys will take them through Sleeping Beauty’s Enchanted Dominion, the Dwarf Woodlands from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Deep Space from Lilo & Stitch. Additionally, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep includes four all-new multiplayer modes that allow players to enjoy the action with their friends.
In celebration of the game’s launch, Square Enix and Sony Computer Entertainment America are introducing a limited edition KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep PSP Entertainment Pack, which brings together the stunning visuals of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and the robust portable gaming experience only possible on the PSP system. Available in North America, this GameStop exclusive bundle will include a “Mystic Silver” PSP-3000 system, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep on UMD (Universal Media Disc), a movie (title to be announced; movie content will not be related to KINGDOM HEARTS series.) as well as a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo.
- An essential piece to the Kingdom Hearts series arrives on the PSP system: From world renowned creator and character designer Tetsuya Nomura comes the latest installment in the belovedKingdom Hearts series. The vibrant and colorful Kingdom Hearts world comes to life through stunning graphics in 16:9 widescreen presentation, made possible by the PSP system hardware.
- Disney worlds and characters new to the Kingdom Hearts series: Disney worlds and characters never before seen in Kingdom Hearts, such as Enchanted Dominion (Sleeping Beauty) and Castle of Dreams (Cinderella) will make their first appearances in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
- Three distinct gaming experiences through the eyes of three protagonists: Unravel the mystery surrounding the origin of the Kingdom Hearts saga through the tales of three unique characters – Terra, Ventus and Aqua. The whole story is revealed only after playing through with all three characters.
- An action-packed combat system with intuitive controls: The familiar action-packed experience that Kingdom Hearts fans have come to embrace returns with an enhanced battle system, with all new features such as Command Styles, Command Decks, Shotlocks and Dimension Links. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is the most advanced Kingdom Hearts title to date.
- Four exciting multiplayer modes: Suit up in unique armour to win medals and extra bonuses for the single-player adventure. Share the excitement and fun with up to six friends with four brand-new multiplayer modes:
- Versus Mode - battle against others where it’s every player for themselves.
- Arena Mode - join forces with your allies to defeat waves of dangerous enemies.
- Rumble Racing - transform your Keyblade and ride it in thrilling hover races.
- Roll the dice with your friends on the Command Board, a game of strategy where up to three players compete by rolling dice for an even more exciting experience!
- New game features: The North American release will include a number of new features including Crown Stickers, an extra boss and additional multiplayer options.
- An outstanding voice cast: Kingdom Hearts fans will surely be in for one unforgettable experience, thanks to an impressive voice cast featuring the talents of Mark Hamill, Willa Holland, Jesse McCartney, Leonard Nimoy and James Woods, among others.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older, will be available for $39.99.
More articles about Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep