“Lips” is the only singing game that offers wireless motion-sensitive microphones and the ability to sing from your own music collection of DRM-free songs. Start channeling your favorite pop star because it’s you, your friends and most important your music that turns “Lips,” the new singing game for Xbox 360, into the world’s ultimate party experience this holiday season.
Keiichi Yano, celebrated developer behind some of the industry’s most beloved rhythm games, brings his vision of collaborative and social musical entertainment to “Lips.” The first and only singing game that offers interactive motion-sensitive microphones to make your party rock all night long, “Lips” encourages players to toss apprehensions out the window and join the party.
Microsoft created high quality wireless microphones that set the standard for music game peripherals, and teamed with iNiS to let fans around the world rock out with them on “Lips.” With the latest in motion-sensing technology and built-in LED lights that pulse to the rhythm of your performance, these microphones help Xbox 360 stand out as the home of the best music experiences.
With this summer’s songs, you and your friends can let the world know by busting out to Diana Ross’ “I’m Coming Out,” celebrate finding camaraderie with Coldplay’s “Talk,” and sing out your heartbreak to Robyn’s “With Every Heartbeat,” along with other hot tunes available throughout August for 160 Microsoft Points each.
With a wide selection of songs available and the Xbox 360 Wireless microphones, “Lips” has something for everyone as it brings friends together this summer.
Fancy yourself as the as the new lead singer in timeless West End shows such as “Cats” or the “Phantom of the Opera”, wowing crowds and being a part of some of the greatest shows on earth?
The Really Useful Group, the international musical entertainment company founded in 1977 by composer and impresario Andrew Lloyd Webber, has just signed a licensing agreement with Microsoft as it continues to extend its portfolio of world-famous brands into the interactive entertainment sphere.
You can now live the dream with Xbox 360 with the launch of new downloadable “Lips” Game Add-ons featuring well-known film and stage performances of songs written by one of the most successful musical composers of all time, Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Douglas Glen, Head of Digital for The Really Useful Group says: “With the video gaming sector having evolved from its male-dominated roots towards a more family-oriented demographic, we’re very pleased to partner with Microsoft in releasing some of the best-known brands in musical entertainment to their global Lips audience”.
Dave McCarthy, General Manager LIVE services for Microsoft Game Studios, says: “We’re thrilled to bring the timeless and immensely popular music of Andrew Lloyd Webber to Lips players everywhere.”
The following Game Add-ons will be available to download via Xbox LIVE:
- “Memory” - Elaine Paige (Cats)
- “All I Ask of You” - Cliff Richard & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Love Changes Everything” - Michael Ball (Aspects of Love)
- “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” - Elaine Paige (Evita)
- “The Phantom of the Opera” - Steve Harley & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Any Dream Will Do” - Donny Osmond (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat)
From August 13th 2010, Lips players will be able to access the Andrew Lloyd Webber song packs through the ever expanding “Lips Music Library” (accessible through all titles in the “Lips” series) through Xbox LIVE, for as little as 160 Microsoft Points.
- a-ha - “Take on Me”
- Nirvana - “In Bloom”
- Alicia Keys - “No One”
- Peter Bjorn and John - “Young Folks”
- Aly & AJ - “Potential Break Up Song”
- Queen - “Another One Bites the Dust”
- Avril Lavigne - “Complicated”
- R.E.M. - “The One I Love”
- Ben E. King - “Stand by Me”
- Radiohead - “Fake Plastic Trees”
- Beyoncé - “Irreplaceable”
- The Ramones - “I Wanna Be Sedated”
- Blondie - “Call Me”
- Rascal Flatts - “Stand”
- Chris Brown - “With You”
- Rihanna - “Umbrella”
- Coldplay - “Yellow”
- Roxette - “Listen to Your Heart”
- Depeche Mode - “Personal Jesus”
- Sara Bareilles - “Love Song”
- Destiny’s Child - “Survivor”
- Sheryl Crow - “Soak Up the Sun”
- Dido - “White Flag”
- Taylor Swift - “I’m Only Me When I’m With You”
- Duffy - “Mercy”
- The Bangles - “Walk Like an Egyptian”
- Duran Duran - “Hungry Like the Wolf”
- The Fray - “Over My Head (Cable Car)”
- John Denver - “Take Me Home, Country Roads”
- The Jackson 5 - “ABC”
- Johnny Cash - “Ring of Fire”
- The Police - “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
- Leona Lewis - “Bleeding Love”
- The Raveonettes - “Love in a Trashcan”
- Lil’ Mama - “Lip Gloss”
- Trace Adkins - “Ladies Love Country Boys”
- Lupe Fiasco (featuring Matthew Santos) - “Superstar”
- Weezer - “Island in the Sun”
- Maroon 5 - “Makes Me Wonder”
- Young MC - “Bust a Move”
- Party Games. “Lips” has a variety of gameplay modes that will appeal to the gamer in all of us and possibly spark a little competition, while allowing you to experience and interact with your music in fun, new ways:
- Kiss is the epitome of singing and flirting your way to a sweet reward, where duos who hit the notes and gestures together meet in the middle to share a kiss. Are you a match?
- Vocal Fighters appeals to the competitor in all of us by pitting singers in one-on-one competition to win the most fans and boot one another off the stage. It’s a sing-off!
- Time Bomb is a cooperative mode where players work together to perform well and stave off a time bomb. The clock is ticking!
- Music videos. “Lips” has a variety of engaging music videos that enhance the game outside the original videos included with most songs:
- Virtual Music Videos. The more you get into your performance, the better the video. An in-game virtual music video will enhance your performance because the screen will mirror your moves and the characters will lip-sync along with you.
- Custom Music Videos. These unique, quirky videos add a humorous element to your routine and provide a music video for songs that may not have one.
- Freestyle Mode. “Lips” also allows you to use digital rights management-free songs from your own music collection when singing or playing any of the Party Games. Sing along to your music collection and play up your gestures to add to your score, while a virtual music video accompanies your performance. It is as simple as plugging in your compatible MP3 player. Lyrics will not display for songs from your music collection. For a list of compatible music players, visit http://www.xbox.com/lips.
- Play along. In addition to using the two mics as instruments, four of your friends can join in using the standard Xbox 360 Controller and choose from a variety of percussion accompaniment to play along with the music in “Lips.”
- Download new songs. For those who like what they see and crave more, “Lips” will also have a regular flow of downloadable content available for purchase via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, starting at game launch. Love Estelle’s “No Substitute Love”? It is there. You can get it and the latest tracks to continually update your “Lips” experience.
- Split parts. Co-op Mode in “Lips” is designed to more accurately reflect songs that feature multiple vocalists. This gameplay mode enhances the experience by showing the lyrics and melody to all parts, helping turn a singing duo into a professional act.
“Lips” is rated “T” for Teen and will be available mid-November in all major retail stores nationwide.
More articles about Lips