Castle building – the foundation of the franchise – has been significantly improved, providing players with unprecedented control over the placement of buildings.This allows them to create their kingdom with a precision that compliments their carefully planned tactics. What’s more, village planning is no longer confined to a grid system; players can now create castle walls that flow gracefully... until they’re blasted to pieces by the enemy.
On top of Stronghold 3’s innovations in castle construction, night sieges have been introduced, opening up a range of new possibilities and tactics. Players will have to hunt enemy soldiers cloaked in darkness and carefully choose their weapons in order to survive the dark hours.
A new state-of-the-art graphics engine lets you view your buildings in stunning detail. From villagers going about their everyday lives, to soldiers preparing for war or people suffering from the plague, players are given a highly-detailed snapshot of medieval life.
Additionally, a refined physics engine with procedural destruction adds intensity and drama to siege warfare as you watch your castle - or that of your enemy –crumble into ruin before your eyes.
“Stronghold 3 is an extremely impressive addition to our continually growing portfolio,” said Melanie Mroz, SouthPeak Games’ CEO. “We believe that Stronghold 3 will be an important growth driver for SouthPeak and that the Stronghold brand will benefit from our proven distribution, sales and marketing expertise. FireFly Studios are creating a true masterpiece, pushing the boundaries of what can be expected in this type of game. Millions of existing fans are sure to be excited by this incredible leap forward and new fans will be introduced to a game of superior quality and exceptionally broad appeal.”
- Improved building system allowing unprecedented levels of realism and intricacy in castle and village design
- Realistic physics and cutting-edge graphics bring siege warfare to life in stunning detail
- Story-driven gameplay engages players across two campaigns: combat or economic
- Dramatic nighttime sieges add a new dimension to the Stronghold franchise
- Besiege other players’ castles or defend your own in a range of action-packed online multiplayer modes
- Play through accurately re-created sieges from the pages of history. Will you succeed where others failed?
More articles about Stronghold 3