2K Sports announced that 14-time NBA All-Star, five-time NBA Most Valuable Player, six-time NBA World Champion and recent Hall of Fame inductee, Michael Jordan, will appear on the cover of NBA 2K11. Jordan, who is considered by many as the greatest basketball player in history, will fittingly team up with the NBA 2K series.
2K Sports is paying homage to the NBA legend by placing him on the cover of its award-winning franchise. NBA 2K11 will continue to build upon the outstanding success of the NBA 2K series with continued improvements to the graphics, gameplay, signature styles and game modes seen in previous iterations.
GameStop is offering a free exclusive Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls jersey that will be downloadable for avatars on the Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Home. The virtual attire will be available only through this exclusive pre-order package and will not be sold or available at any other time. The promotion ties in with Michael Jordan’s role as the cover athlete for NBA 2K11.
Details of the pre-order offer are as follows:
- Pre-order NBA 2K11 by October 4, 2010 at 11:00 a.m. CDT with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on October 5, 2010.
- Available while supplies last for all GameStop online and in-store pre-orders of NBA 2K11 for Xbox 360 and PS3. These official Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls jerseys for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Home avatars are only available with this offer.
- PlayStation Home avatars will receive the official white Chicago Bulls home jersey.
- Xbox LIVEavatars will receive the official red Chicago Bulls road jersey.
- Online customers:Code and instructions on redeeming the jersey will be emailed when the game releases.
- Store/In-store Pickup Customers: Code and instructions on redeeming the jersey will be printed on the receipt at time of purchase.
Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists. The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the quadruple platinum-selling artist and 12-time Grammy nominee, Snoop Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast’s Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls’ intro song.
The soundtrack will sharpen this year’s greatest basketball simulation ever with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBA.
Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:
- Snoop Dogg – NBA 2K Theme
- Big Boi – Shutterbug
- Drake - Over
- Cassidy – Game Time
- Ron Artest – Champion
- Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price – Better Than You
- The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
- Art vs. Science – Hollywood
- Big Rock Candy Mountain – Rocketship
- Brunettes – Red Rollerskates
- Chicharones – Little By Little
- Children Collide – Skeleton Dance
- Constellations feat. Asher Roth– We’re Here To Save The Day
- Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi – Symphonies (Remix)
- Delorean – Deli
- Ev – Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
- Failsafe – Hope & Only If We Learn
- HOGNI – Bow Down
- Kidz In Space – Downtime
- Middleman – It’s Not Over Yet
- Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac – Crown Of Thorns
- The Redland – So Far
- The Russian Futurists – Paul Simon & Precious Metals
- Sonny Bones – Rise
- Two Door Cinema Club – I Can Talk
- Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions – Go Hard or Go Home
- Dux Jones – Pourin’ It On
More articles about NBA 2K11