Dwarfs just tend to keep digging, following only their lust for more gold. So they will dig into water and lava, threatening your home. If that wasn’t enough, they keep finding all sorts of nasty little monsters that have to be dealt with too. The player can build walls, dynamite holes in the floor, or turn earth to stone in an effort to prevent disaster. But in the end, success or failure will depend on the player’s skill at directing his ever-growing army of dwarfs! And if the basic modes aren’t enough, there is a complete sandbox, where you can create your own challenges – and a “Defend the Town Hall” mode where clearing out waves of enemies becomes the biggest challenge.
“When we were looking at the possibility of a publisher, we wouldn’t settle for anything but the very best” according to Robin Flodin, co-founder of Power of Two. “During the discussions with Tripwire Interactive, it was evident we had found what we were looking for. With their extensive experience in games and publishing – both in retail and online – as well as their fresh take on marketing and sales, having Tripwire as our publisher quickly became a no-brainer.”
"We met the team in Gotland in 2009 and loved what they were doing" said Alan Wilson, Vice President of Tripwire Interactive. "Since then, Dwarfs has started stacking up awards and has now become a full-featured game, which is great fun and maddeningly addictive – which has been proven by how hard it is to get people here in the office to stop playing it and get back to work! "
- Tutorial mode to give players a step-by-step guide
- Campaign mode with awards and prizes to earn
- Arcade mode for a wide range of challenges from a 15-minute timed game, to a game that will only end when you want it to, with an almost infinite size
- Defend the Town Hall mode – instead of exploring and mining, you will need to defend the Town Hall from ever-increasing waves of enemies, using all the tricks you have learnt
- Randomly-generated maps, to ensure replay value stays high
- Full sandbox mode to create your own caves and challenges
- Low system requirements
- Steamworks features including achievements and leaderboards
More articles about Dwarfs