Victoria2 is a grand strategy game played during the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control over a country, guiding it through industrialisation, political reforms, military conquest and colonisation. Guide the USA to its Manifest Destiny, Make United Kingdom into a world-spanning empire, and make Germany the dominating nation in Europe. Gamers will guide their nation from the era of absolute monarchies in the early 19th century, through expansion and colonization in hopes of becoming a truly great power by the dawn of the 20th century.
Pre-ordering the game gives immediate access to a bevy of content including the official Victoria 2 Soundtrack plus an exclusive in-Game operettic musical piece called "Lament for the Queen" as well as the Victoria 2 manual, techguide, map and Victoria 2 forum codes that gives access to a Victoria 2 strategy guide when the game is released.
- Deep engrossing political simulation, with dozens of different types of governments.
- Detailed economy with over fifty different type of goods and factories.
- Historical game-play on a large map covering the entire world.
- Over 200 different countries can be played, from 1835 to the start of world war 2.
- Advanced Technological system with thousands of inventions to be discovered.
- Possibility to export a save game at the end of the game into HoI3.
- A streamlined interface, which makes the game easily accessible.
- Automation of various tasks, including trade and population promotion.
- Advanced spheres of influences system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world.
- New types of pops, including bureaucrats and artisans.
- Cottage production simulating pre-industrial economies.
- Gunboat Diplomacy, no need for negotiate as a fleet outside a port may be a more persuasive argument.
- Overhaul of education, where clergy educates people of the same religion, and each pops have their own literacy levels.
- More reform categories with more options to select from in each.
- New election system with coalition governments and an upper house/senate.
- Historical and Dynamic missions guiding your country through the history.
- Thousands of historical events and decisions.
More articles about Victoria II