Mount & Blade is a single-player, third- or first-person action/role-playing game with a focus on medieval combat. Developed by the Turkish development house TaleWorlds Entertainment, the BETA version of the game has received acclaim worldwide by gamers impressed by everything from the realistic horseback combat to the sandbox gameplay. The latter enables players to roam the map freely in a medieval world that offers options ranging from hunting down bandits, trading for profit in the game's deep economical system and becoming a commander and taking part in the wars ultimately becoming a great lord of the realm.
Of late the dreams of battle have abandoned your slumbering mind. They fade like shadows into the dark endless night, leaving you to tremble in despair. For it has been too long since your last mortal combat.
You cannot escape the destiny of a warrior's heart. It lies beyond the distant hill, within the halls of the next castle, among the bloodied reeds of surrounding lands. Be it on foot with axe or with Mount and Blade, you are fated to fight in the lands of Calradia once more.
In addition to the free DLC, over 70 new achievements have been introduced. The combination of the new DLC and achievements adds even more value to the already expansive experience that is Mount & Blade: Warband.
Explore three new maps in the new DLC. Fight your way through a multi-level forest encampment and experience conquest mode likes never before in the Forest Hideout or take on new thrills in siege warfare by sending players to the desert to take or defend Jamait Castle. If you think you have what it takes to stand out in dual mode, prove it in The Arena; this large coliseum is the perfect place to handle disputes the old fashioned way. The DLC is available for all gamers who have purchased Mount & Blade: Warband.
Amass a collection of amazing achievements, like “Mace in yer face!” and “Shish Kebab” that prove your fortitude and prowess on the multi-player battlefield. Seek new acclaim in single player mode with glorious achievements like “help help I’m being repressed,” “Old dirty scoundrel,” “Mind on the Money,” and much more! Finally, prove your love for Mount & Blade: Warband by earning elite combination achievements rewarded from deeds in single and multi-player modes. The achievements are exclusive to Steam users.
- Multiplayer – previously announced, the ability for up to 32 players to play simultaneously on a single map in ‘Team Death Match’ and ‘Search & Destroy’ style battles
- Faction Rulers – A new in-depth system allowing the player to gain followers even as a rebel and to become the ruler of their own faction and recruit Lords as their vassalals
- Accessibility – Improved and additional detailed game information for players.
- Improved Graphics and optimisation – The introduction of state-of-the-art rendering technologies including HDR (High Dynamic Range), as well as significant improvement in the level of detail on characters, armour and weapons
- Increased interactivity - New interactivity implemented in the environments that the AI will recognize and adapt to, directly impacting the Siege mode
- Improved Mechanics for Soldier Morale - Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low.
More articles about Mount & Blade: Warband