Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
All PC versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are powered by Steamworks, providing gamers with auto-updating, anti-cheat technology, Steam Achievements, and the recently introduced Steam Cloud.
Featuring the first new multiplayer maps for Modern Warfare 2, the stimulus package will be available first on Xbox Live on March 30th.
The Stimulus Package delivers 5 additional action-packed multiplayer maps featuring a variety of locations: "Bailout," a multi-level apartment complex; "Storm," an open industrial park littered with heavy machinery; "Salvage," a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars. Two legendary fan-favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare return, including "Crash," a war-torn urban environment; and "Overgrown," which features a massive dry creek bed.
The most recent map pack for the franchise, the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack, was released on June 3 for the Xbox LIVE and on July 6 and 7 for the PS3 and PC.
“The Call of Duty franchise is unique in the world of entertainment and delivers one of the best multiplayer experiences ever,” said Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “We are thrilled to deliver to fans exciting and engaging content that has the intensity they have come to expect from the franchise.”
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2