Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat to deliver an exciting Role-Playing Shooter experience. The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons and item drops. Borderlands allows for multiple players to share the same game experience simultaneously online in co-op gameplay. Players can freely join or leave each other's games at anytime, or choose to play in the full single-player mode. These features, along with a rich and deep fiction that touches upon the mysteries buried beneath the surface of a danger-filled planet, combine to form a breakthrough experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters.
This new addition to the critically acclaimed Borderlands experience will provide fans with the ultimate outlet to lock, load and face the madness. More than 17 million unique weapons and loot empower gamers to blissfully blast their way through all of Pandora’s inhospitable environments and leave behind a bloody wasteland of indigenous monsters, zombies, Claptraps and evil corporate mercenaries. Level up with the Borderlands experience seamlessly by playing alone or with friends through extensive split-screen or online co-op integration for the most ultimate Role-Playing Shooter fun ever created.
Borderlands Game of the Year edition will come with tokens for download of the recently announced add-on pack, Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution, as well as the three previous best-selling destructive downloadable adventures - the living dead-filled The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, the ultimate video game survival of the fittest test Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, and the utterly fantastic The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. Also included, will be a complete and comprehensive map of the Borderlands territories.
With this definitive collection, gamers will now have the perfect chance to join in and experience what millions of Borderlands fans already adore. They’ll find a highly addictive video game that calls for unleashing furious anger upon a sinister corporation’s well-armed armada and Pandora’s local inhospitable inhabitants, while searching for the secret of The Vault that is chock full of extra bonuses and add-ons.
Borderlands: Game of the Year will be available for the PS3, Xbox 360 for $59.99 and PC for $49.99 starting October 12, 2010. The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot and The Secret Armory of General Knoxx add-on packs are separately on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation Network and PC for $9.99.
- FPS Action Meets RPG Character Progression: Players can choose from one of four distinct characters and earn experience and gain proficiency in a number of specialties as they do battle with enemies. Upgrades can be invested in a wide variety of special abilities, allowing players to create a fully customized character that is tailored to their playing style
- Co-op Engineered Game Design: Borderlands is built from the ground-up to be an exciting and intuitive co-operative multiplayer experience that rewards players for investing in specific co-op skills
- Radical New Art Style: Fresh and exciting new visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person Shooter genre
- Gun Lust: Choose from an arsenal of hundreds of thousands of weapons, each with their unique manufacturers, specifications and advantages. A revolutionary new content generation system produces almost infinite tools of destruction
- Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel of and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with extensive damage modeling and spectacular explosions
More articles about Borderlands