Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age.
A new automatic title update (version 1.03) is now available for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PSN or Xbox LIVE.
This update contains the following new anti-griefing measures for Multiplayer Free Roam:
- While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if a player achieves a kill streak of 6 or more without dying, they will become a Public Enemy and receive a $1000 bounty.
- While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if killed three times by any human player and each death is within 80 seconds of respawn, the victim is given the option to respawn away from the area.
This new title update also addresses the following issues:
- Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.
- Players now have the ability to save game with cheats turned on.
- When playing the game with Region set to Asia, incorrect button prompts were displayed.
- Downloadable Outfits were not appearing in Change Outfits Menu after being unlocked.
- Invincibility cheat was turned off when activating Dead Eye.
- Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.
- It was possible to have two player horses, with one permanently following the player.
- If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head.
Red Dead Redemption recreates the American West at the turn of the 20th century: a violent and turbulent time of rapid growth and change. Players become the partially reformed outlaw John Marston; blackmailed by the government, his family threatened as he is forced to traverse the vast and unforgiving expanses of the Western frontier in search of members of his former gang. In a dangerous world full of opportunistic criminals, corrupt officials and settlers battling the elements in a struggle to survive, Marston’s journey takes him from the dusty and lawless frontier to the civilized towns of the North, and down into a Mexico on the brink of a full-scale civil war.
Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions. Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world’s last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
More articles about Red Dead Redemption