The action begins when players are dropped into extreme conditions and forced to demonstrate indigenous survival techniques such as escaping quicksand in the desert, exploring dangerous jungles, traversing ravines in the mountains and navigating some of the world’s most treacherous waters.
The core gameplay of Man vs. Wild is a dynamic mix of exhilarating action adventure, role playing and puzzle solving tasks throughout five extraordinary expeditions. Players gather materials to accomplish tasks such as building fires, catching food, and creating the necessary tools for survival while traveling across miles of diverse landscapes.
- Role Playing Adventure: Players will explore and survive wilderness destinations and discover hundreds of items while maintaining the health and well-being of Bear Grylls;
- Strategically Positioned Survival Challenges: Depending on location and skill level, players will be tested with hundreds of “Survival Challenges” ranging from the simple (building a fire) to the wildly insane (dodging a Grizzly bear);
- Wild Weather: Players will experience a wide range of weather conditions including snow storms, intense rain, sand storms and more while traveling through five challenging landscapes around the globe;
- Survival: Refuge, food and water are the constant priority for all players. Players must hunt and collect food, even if it means eating deer eyeballs, and water to keep Bear nourished and healthy for the challenges that lie ahead. When night closes in, the player must create a sturdy lean-to to protect Bear from potential animal attacks and the harsh elements.
- The game will support Xbox Live online entertainment network and PlayStation Network.
Discovery’s promise is to satisfy viewers’ natural curiosity about the world around them and Man vs. Wild expands the ways in which consumers of various ages can immerse themselves further into the shows they love,” said Elizabeth Bakacs, vice president, Discovery Channel Licensing. “Now viewers who love to watch Bear survive some of the world’s harshest places, can virtually walk in his shoes and experience the thrill of surviving the wild.”
“Crave Games is excited to partner with the Discovery Channel in the creation of the first Man vs. Wild video game, the only game where players can become world renowned adventurer and survival expert Bear Grylls,” said Betsi Gijanto, Executive Vice President, Crave Entertainment. “Man vs. Wild allows gamers to test their limits in the world’s most terrifying and unforgiving environments from the comfort of their very own homes.”
More articles about Man vs. Wild