Created by id Software as an all-new way to deliver the excitement and energy of first-person multiplayer action to a broader audience than ever before, Quake Live offers game players of all skill levels a totally free and easily accessible multiplayer game and community through a single website at quakelive.com. Every element of the experience, including friends lists and communication, sponsored events and tournaments, matchmaking, stats tracking, and even the game itself is accessed and delivered free of charge through the web browser. Integrated with IGA's proprietary SDK, Quake Live will offer companies and agencies fresh opportunities to dynamically-target brands to audiences within a broadly accessible version of one of the world's premiere game franchises, while also offering gamers a totally free premium game, fun events and a vibrant, active community of other players.
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
- Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
- An all new â€˜Freeze Tagâ€™ game mode;
- Exclusive premium level awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans;
- Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper; and
- Match statistics stored for six months.
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for $3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you;
- With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map;
- Exclusive pro awards;
- Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans; and
- Match statistics stored for 12 months.
The QUAKE LIVE "˜Standard" version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with more than 40 arenas and five game modes.
More articles about Quake Live