Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
Video games are no strangers to bugs and glitches. Bugs have been present ever since the earliest days of gaming. Most are harmless. Some, such as the memorable "minus world" glitch in the original Super Mario Bros, are famous. Still others, like the MechAssault glitch which led to the hacking of the original Xbox system, are infamous. While you may not have heard of it yet, the next glitch that's sure to get everyone talking has hit the Xbox 360 by way of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Affecting both the downloadable demo as well as the full version game, the Modern Warfare 2 glitch grants players access to the full versions of five different SNK Xbox Live Arcade games.
The glitch works because all XBLA downloads contain the full version of their respective titles, even when you're just downloading the demo. After purchasing, the system simply registers the game to your account and the demo unlocks, granting you full access. Full version XBLA games can be tied to a specific console, a specific gamertag or even a specific type of media (such as in the case of compilation discs).
With Modern Warfare 2, the glitch forces the trial version XBLA games into thinking that they are authorized to run as the full version. As a result, they launch into the complete, unrestricted game, even if you have not yet purchased them. Oddly enough the glitch only seems to effect the combination of Modern Warfare 2 and the SNK developed XBLA games. Other titles tested behaved as expected.
In order to see the glitch in action, you only need to launch Modern Warfare 2. Once the game and/or demo has booted, press the Xbox 360 guide button and select "Quick Launch." Now, highlight the XBLA SNK demo that you want to play and confirm the selection. The XBLA game will launch as a full version.
The SNK games affected by the glitch are: Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX and Samurai Showdown II. Fatal Fury Special and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum are unaffected.What makes this glitch so interesting is the specific nature of it and the fact that Activision's Infinity Ward and SNK have no obvious connection. We'll likely never know the root cause of the glitch, and expect it to be patched shortly, but for now Xbox 360 owners around the world can get their fight on, free of charge, thanks to Modern Warfare 2. Makes you wonder if SNK will be sending Bobby Kotick a bill for lost sales?
Key Features :
- Epic Single Player Campaign
- Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
- Special Ops Co-operative
- An entirely new gameplay mode which supports 2-player co-operative play via online or split screen that is unique from the single player story campaign.
- Special Ops pits players into a gauntlet of time-trial and objective-based missions.
- Rank-up as players unlock new Special Ops missions, each more difficult.
- Missions include highlights from the single player campaign, fan favorites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and all new, exclusive missions.
- Multiplayer Reinvented
- Setting a new bar for online multiplayer, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer delivers new enhancements including:
- Customizable Killstreaks
- Sentry Gun
- Predator Missile
- Care Package
- Accolades (Post match reports)
- Create-a-Class evolved
- Secondary Weapons
- Equipment - Machine Pistols - Throwing Knives - Shotguns - Blast Shield - Handguns - Tactical Insertion - Launchers
- Perk Upgrades
- Riot Shields
- Bling (Dual attachments)
More articles about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2