Planet Calypso is the largest real economy Massively Multiplayer Online Game in the world. Players have the ability to participate in a unique virtual world where they only pay for the game when they play. Its innovative real money economy uses a virtual currency which has a fixed exchange rate with the US dollar. This allows players to deposit and withdraw real funds for their adventures on Calypso or in the real world. It is also the first MMORPG to use CryTek's stunning CryENGINE 2 for amazing graphics and physics. Planet Calypso is the oldest planet in the Entropia Universe and is free to download.
This update extends the current robot invasion event until September 6th. It also adds in two new menacing robot threats. Additionally players will find 18 new missions and an improved teleporter to help get them accustomed to Calypso.
It's been a year since the dreaded Robot War Titan called "Typhon" made its way through Calypso's defenses and crashed into the middle of the Calypso capital Hadesheim, leaving it nothing but a large crater. Afterwards, Planet Calypso was reborn. From snow and ashes, new and breathtaking CryEngine2 scenery emerged. On the anniversary date, the colonists intercepted several robot messages that after having been decoded, hinted at more massive robot attacks against Calypso. In a painful reminder of last year's failed defense, colonists from newcomers to veterans have gathered up to battle the robots once again. This time, the robots have arrived with new technology, an ever-evolving monster they have chosen to call the "Hydra".
- Let there be light: There are three new lamps to be found.
- Old and New Missions: A lot of the available missions have been updated to utilize the new features of the mission system. In addition to that, the name tags of all the Iron Challenge Mission Brokers have been updated to contain the name of the contact. On top of that, there are 18 new missions available.
- New teleporter official: The teleporter at the Calypso Gateway has been improved to be clearer. Also, to instruct new players on how to use the teleporter, there is a Teleporter Operator standing next to it.
- Next Stop Fort Troy: There is a new mission chain linking Swamp Camp to Fort Troy, introducing some interesting locations while travelling. There are also some hidden secrets to unlock. Seek out the Swamp Camp Mission Broker to start this epic trek.
- New Challenges: There is a new Daikiba Iron Challenge in Twin Peaks and a Feffoid Bronze Challenge in Fort Fury.
- Mission issues
- Fixed position issues with some mission NPCs
- Fixed issue with a private message from Mr Lyndon
- Typos fixed in Fujiko Takida's mission "Clear the area"
- Gateway issues
- Gateway teleporter made more eye-catching
- Set missing planet icon above the head of the Hunting Official
- Fixed issue with the crafting dialogue making it impossible to complete the crafting quest if you left the dialogue open while crafting
- Miscellaneous issues
- Fixed issue with Memorial Island TP not in the teleporter list
More articles about Planet Calypso