The shipping announcement from earlier this week revealed that Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions is "soon to be available on Windows PC" (thanks Blues).
As Spider-Man, players will experience a wide variety of gameplay and dramatic environments. The Amazing Spider-Man experience delivers innovative web combat and visuals in a world that pays tribute to the classic era of the legendary Super Hero. In contrast, Spider-Man Noir features a cunning and covert depiction of Spider-Man, who utilizes shadows to perform stealth takedowns in a 1930's-influenced, black-and-white cinematic environment.
Penned by acclaimed Marvel comic book writer Dan Slott, the story takes players on a mission to capture the magical energy of the Tablet of Order and Chaos, which has been shattered and scattered across parallel universes. Gamers are challenged to battle fan-favorite villains such as the lethal Kraven and a custom, never-before-seen Noir version of Hammerhead, in a quest to restore the fabric of reality.
- Four Worlds, One Story -- Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions gives gamers four unique universes to explore, each featuring authentic and unique art styles, from the classic pen-and-ink-styled Amazing Spider-Man to the moody, 1930s cinema-influenced Noir.
- The Strength of Four Spider-Men -- Players harness new gameplay mechanics through each costume of Spider-Man: The web-slinging, aerial Amazing Spider-Man delivers sweeping blows and powerful kicks in a world that pays tribute to the classic era of our legendary Super Hero, while the mysterious and stealthy Spider-Man Noir prefers to lurk in the shadows of a 1930s-influenced cinematic environment before unleashing his perilous strength.
- Taking the Traditional Spider-Man Game to the Next Level -- For the first time, Spider-Man can deliver damage up close and personal via a first-person perspective during key moments of battle. Boss-themed levels with new environments, music and pacing, along with a vast new cast of ferocious villains, will engage gamers in a fast-paced action-adventure. Players will take on the world's greatest hunter Kraven in the Amazing universe and, in the service of Norman Osborn (aka "The Goblin"), Hammerhead and his henchmen in the gritty Noir universe.
- Variety for casual and hardcore fans -- Beyond the four vastly different worlds to explore, players will uncover surprises around every corner, including new abilities and multiple costumes and bonuses to unlock.
- Nintendo DS Version -- Griptonite Games brings Shattered Dimensions to life in a unique new way on the Nintendo DS, evolving to new heights the high-octane, well-received gameplay Griptonite is known for. Join Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir and one other Spider-Man as they traverse their side-scrolling worlds, gaining powers as they progress that allow them to explore previously unreachable areas. In addition to different style of gameplay, the DS version of Shattered Dimensions also boasts a unique cast of seven Spider-Man villains, including Electro of the Amazing universe and the first ever appearance of Calypso Noir, who, along with two other boss characters, was created from scratch exclusively for this Nintendo DS game.
More articles about Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions