In the past, the city-states battled tirelessly, vying for domination and hegemony. Death-mongering beast tribes pillaged the land unchecked, leaving only destruction in their wake. Unseen enemies lurked beyond the borders, striking at the slightest provocation or show of weakness. The history of Eorzea is a tapestry woven of war and strife, stained with the blood of those gone before, and the tears and ash of fallen endeavor.
And yet the love the gods bear this unforgiving land endures, now as always. What is the allure of this seemingly forsaken place? With what hope and to what end do would-be inhabitants journey here to live out their days?
The answer lies with that which gives form to Hydaelyn and all myriad creation in it – crystals. The cornerstone of all things, it is these crystallized manifestations of the aether that beckon the people to come, risking all in the undertaking.
And so it is that adventures too have harkened the call – to bear witness to the epic set to unfold in this land. This Eorzea.
- Conceived and produced by notable Final Fantasy developers – Produced by Hiromichi Tanaka (Final Fantasy I, II, III, XI) and directed by Nobuaki Komoto (Final Fantasy IX, XI), with art direction by Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII) and musical score by Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy series).
- In-depth character creation – Choose a race and clan before going on to customize your avatar’s face, hairstyle, skin color and more, with subtle adjustments allowing for limitless possibilities.
- The Armoury System – With defining emphasis on the game’s weapons and tools, the Armoury System is a unique class system that influences both character development and an individual’s style of play. With it, players have the flexibility and freedom to fight, craft and gather whenever and however they so choose. Simply equipping an item will automatically cause the character to take on the class associated with it.
- Aetheryte transportation–Traverse the realm of Eorzea instantly using this seemingly supernatural teleportation system.
- Solo or party play – Adventure alone or in the company of others as you undertake quests and engage in battles on your travels through Eorzea.
The Windows PC Standard Edition will have an SRP of $49.99. The PC Collector’s Edition will have an SRP of $74.99. The Final Fantasy XIV PS3 version will be available early March 2011, with pricing to be announced at a later time.
More articles about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn