Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th century, Pirates of the Burning Sea is an MMORPG featuring high-seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder, where players can choose one of three nations — England, France or Spain — or choose the role of a Pirate and battle it out for glory and power. Power & Prestige expands upon the game’s already robust real-time Conquest system, allowing players to not only capture ports on behalf of their parent nations, but also to become a Port Governor with great economic and strategic influence. Player Governors can set tax rates and increase defensive capabilities in their towns, making those ports more valuable as traffic hubs or easier to defend against attack. Players will need to use all of the intrigue and cunning at their disposal to seize or keep hold of power.
Flying Lab Software is also announcing that its next major update, expected in the Fall of 2010, will take Pirates of the Burning Sea free-to-play with the ability to purchase premium content and various in-game items such as missions, clothes, pets and more. Players will also have the option to purchase a subscription plan known as the Captain’s Club, which is expected to include access to certain premium content, account upgrades and discounts.
“Since we launched Pirates of the Burning Sea in January 2008, players have been battling on the high seas to control the Caribbean. With Power & Prestige’s Port Governance, we’ve added a whole new level of immersion to the struggle for power,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab Software. “Players also have access to a wealth of new content, and have a whole new fighting school to master. We’re also excited to make Pirates of the Burning Sea even more accessible by making it free-to-play in the near future so that even more players can enjoy the amazing ship battles, in-depth missions, and the rich Caribbean setting.”
Power & Prestige expands upon the game’s real-time Port Conquest system, allowing players to not only capture ports on behalf of their parent nations, but to also become a Port Governor with great economic and strategic influence. It also contains over 60 new missions, a new “Brawling” fighting school, and much more.
Power & Prestige is available to Pirates of the Burning Sea subscribers for no extra charge as an automatic download.
Pirates of the Burning Sea: Power & Prestige Feature List:
- Port Governance
- Become the Governor of a port! In Power & Prestige, players and player societies can spend influence to elect Governors in ports throughout the Burning Sea. Once elected Governor, you can:
- Display your name under the port's name in the Open Sea, or choose to share the glory with their whole society. You can also set a message that greets anyone who enters the port.
- Take important economic and military actions such as setting the tax rate of the port, improving the port's infrastructure, reducing the port's unrest, and boosting the port's defenses.
- Draw a salary from the port's coffers.
- Display a special title while you are governor, and access an exclusive shop to purchase special governor-only items.
- We are adding over 60 new missions to the game, using new techniques to produce content that is even more exciting and challenging.
- We have added new content to ensure that you can reach Celebrated reputation with your favorite player-friendly factions and be rewarded for it!
- We are introducing four new "Pirate Hunter" factions: the Board of Marque, the Men of War, the Salon d'Aventure and the Corsarios del Rey. Each of these new privateering factions has unique storyline missions available to all nations!
- Factions will have shops that offer outfitting, customizable clothing and sails to players who have earned sufficient respect.
- We’re adding new repeatable missions as part of Port Governance: Governor's Requests! Complete the bonus objectives to infuse your favorite port's treasury.
- Avatar skill revision
- We’ve giving our Avatar Combat skills an overhaul, and we’re separating out Brawling to be its own fighting school.
- Ship Combat Tuning
- We’re giving every ship in the game a significant revision, and we’re adding new features to help combat troublesome outfitting stacking!
- Career Improvements
- Each of our five careers is getting a complete revision, which will include the addition of new skills allowing for more tactical gameplay.
- Character Lighting Improvements
- Character lighting in towns and other environments has been overhauled to look more realistic.
More articles about Pirates of the Burning Sea