The single-player experience of Assassin’s Creed is back and better than ever as Ezio returns in an epic struggle against the powerful Templar Order. Now a legendary Master Assassin, he must journey into Italy’s greatest city, Rome, center of power, greed and corruption to strike at the heart of the enemy. Defeating the corrupt tyrants entrenched there will require not only strength, but leadership, as Ezio commands an entire Brotherhood that will rally to his side. Only by working together can the Assassins defeat their mortal enemies.
And for the first time, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood offers a never-before-seen multiplayer layer. Players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all. Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes.
It’s time to join the Brotherhood.
As of October 4th 2010, the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer beta will be accessible exclusively on PS3 to anyone that pre-ordered the game in standard, Auditore or Codex edition.
In the Multiplayer beta players will have the opportunity to choose from nine different characters such as the doctor, the priest, the executioner or the courtesan, try their unique deadly weapons and discover their signature moves. Up to eight simultaneous players will be able to use new ways to assassinate their targets in two different modes:
- Wanted - Adversarial mode: From six to eight players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score by killing assigned targets.
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
- In this game mode, players have 10 minutes to reach the higher score by assassinating other players. A target is assigned by the system and players can only kill that specific target. Interaction with the other players is not permitted unless they are either a target or a pursuer. If players kill innocents they will trigger an “open conflict”. The position of the player will be revealed to their target and then will have the ability to escape or to cancel the contract. If the target has identified one of his pursuers, he can stun him to cancel the contract and score points.
- Alliance (unlocked by the community) - Cooperative mode: Three teams of two players
- Objective: Obtain the highest possible score with your teammate by killing the assigned team. The teammates share the same character.
- Game session: 2 rounds of 4 minutes
- At the beginning of the round, a target team is assigned to each of the three teams. Those targets will not change for the entire round. During the round, players can switch between their two targets at anytime. Players will score by killing targets or escaping or stunning pursuers, but in addition, are rewarded by helping their teammate or performing cooperative actions like multiple kills in a row. At the end of the first round, all players will respawn and a new target is assigned to each team. The game session ends at the end of the second round.
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Rome and Castel Gandolfo), with a third map to be unlocked by the community (Siena).
- As Ezio, a legendary Master Assassin, experience over 15 hours of single-player gameplay set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome.
- Recruit and train promising young Assassins. Deploy them across the city as you see fit, or call upon them to aid you in your quests.
- Collaborate with real historical characters such as Leonardo da Vinci, Niccolo Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza.
- Use your hard-won currency to revitalize the crumbling capital city. Rally the citizens to your cause and unlock extra factions and missions.
- Swiftly eliminate your enemies using tools such as poison darts, parachutes, double hidden blades, hidden guns, and an advanced flying machine at your disposal.
- Choose from multiple authentic character classes, each with their own signature weapons and killing moves. With richly-detailed maps and a wide variety of unique multiplayer modes, you’ll never fight the same way twice.
More articles about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood