‘Assault’ finds the player taking control of Conrad, Chief Engineer aboard the dying ship Leopold, and continuing his fight for survival across the fatally damaged space vessel. His only hope relies on reigniting the alien spacecraft’s monstrous engines to rescue him from impending annihilation, but to do this he will have to survive wave after wave of relentless alien assaults. In addition to the thrilling single-player campaign and all new “Survivor” modes, the game also offers action-packed, two-player online co-operative battle modes.
"As the second adventure in the Alien Breed trilogy, we’re really happy with how much ‘Assault’ adds to an already strong gameplay formula. We've got some awesomely destructive new weapons to purchase and upgrade, monstrous new boss battles, and some really exciting set-pieces”, says John Dennis, Head of Design at Team17 Software Ltd. "Add to this our brand-new "Survivor" Mode, which pits players against relentless waves of enemies in either single-player or two-player co-op, and the stress-inducing, claustrophobic experience of moving ever deeper into a space station infested with blood-thirsty aliens, and you get a very strong offering that we hope will please both Alien Breed fans and players new to the game alike."
- NEW - “Survivor” mode: Resist endless waves of intense alien horde attacks in specifically designed arena environments, or team up with a friend in order to reach the highest score in two-player co-operative assaults!
- NEW - Set Pieces – Fight the breed through stunningly choreographed action sequences.
- NEW - Weapons– More equipment to combat the horde including Hardened Armour and new weaponry:
- Hyper Blaster – a destructive chain-gun.
- Rocket Launcher – blow the horde away!
- NEW – Alien Foes – Enter into conflict with the all-new ‘Webber’ alien and endure dramatic encounters with new and shocking bosses.
- Epic Single-Player story mode - The single-player campaign mode that follows the continuing narrative of the game through huge and challenging environments.
- Two-player co-operative play mode – Work together to defeat the alien horde across specially customised assault maps for two players, over Steam or XboxTM LIVE Arcade.
- Exclusive XboxTM LIVE Avatar award items – ‘Barnes’ Helmet and Body Armour (male and female versions) awarded to the player by killing a set number of aliens (the helmet) and by completing the single-player story mode (the body armour).
More articles about Alien Breed 2: Assault