“APOX is an RTS game at its core, although it blends in elements of FPS and RPG genres. We introduced FPS concepts like equipping multiple weapons, weapon drops, and limited ammo. We added RPG elements such as experience (veterancy) and giving units a high level of customization. We can put any soldier type into any vehicle type and essentially create dozens of unique unit variations,” said Mark Currie, Lead Designer.
APOX is using the open source rendering engine OGRE. The video demonstrates the high level of visual quality that can be achieved with OGRE. “We are really proud of APOX. We are the first Indian studio to make a game of this quality and scale,” said Vinnie Reddy, CEO of BlueGiant.
- Prone, cover, and realistic line-of-fire
- Realistic ammo and fuel supply system
- Soldiers can be placed in vehicles to create new unit types
- Over 100 maps
- Map editor for player-designed maps and game modes
- Supports multiplayer games with up to 32 players
APOX has community features like online matchmaking, stat tracking, ladders, clan matches, and tournaments. The developers will provide frequent updates to support the player community.
More articles about Apox