Set 25 years after the end of the Infinite War, Supreme Commander 2 starts with the galaxy reeling from the recent assassination of the newly elected president of the fragile Colonial Defense Coalition. The members of the Coalition – the United Earth Federation, The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation –blame each other, and the early rumbles of war can be heard throughout the galaxy.
Featuring numerous game enhancements, an in-depth campaign mode, online multiplayer and a unique storyline, the game represents a new dimension in RTS gaming.
Boasting intense battles on a massive scale, players will wage war, creating enormous customizable armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Assume the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction with a rich story that brings a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre.
- Build mode can now be accessed while holding shift.
- Added Safe and SafeMode command line options as a better alternative to resetting monitor resolution - Using one of these options will start the game at 1024x768@60hz in fullscreen and allow the player to change his options to something else after the game loads.
- Added build mode hotkey for Cybran Mass Convertor. Removed Ctrl-M key mapping for old Cybran mass convert ability, which no longer exists and was causing a crash.
- By popular request, reset Season 2 ELO ratings.
- Quitting a game will stop the replay from recording immediately
- Fix for targeting units under the influence of world forces (ie Magnetron).
- Fix for units becoming unrepairable.
- Partial fix for selected groups of units not all Teleporting or Jump Jetting when given the order.
- Fix for Space Temple cooldown being activated even if the beacon was not placed.
- Better handling for units getting stuck in a position when they try to reclaim something directly underneath them.
- Fix for ACU/engineers going on a walkabout when trying to build something that overlaps with their current position.
- Fix for some factories and engineers getting XP for killing things when they should not.
- Fix for units colliding with terrain when boarding a carrier.
- Fix for not adjusting a units health when it recieves a MaxHealth buff on non-DLC side.
- You can no longer use the Magnet Pull, Magnet Push, or Pullinsmash ability while No Rush is active
- Fixed up AI platoon templates.
- Fix for AI platoon sizes.
- Fix for AI platoons "dancing around".
- The AI influence map decay rate for mobile units has been lowered.
- Fix for AI building too many Mass Fabricators.
- Adjusted how much mass a Mass Convertor adds to the AI's Resource Manager.
- AI will only build 1 ProtoBrain.
- AI will attack ACUs more in Assassination mode.
- Pre-1.21 Replays will not function with 1.21.
- Teleporting/Jumpjetting group fix only partially implemented.
- Memory Management and allocation optimizations.
- Desynch related to VTOL aircraft.
More articles about Supreme Commander 2