The game combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian console RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics and provides a highly addicting and entertaining change to the current, more serious role playing games. The game is focused on providing the fascination of the Strategy RPG genre, but also weaves a humorous storyline and plenty of amusing dialogue, poking fun at some of the most successful RPGs, such as Oblivion, Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings.
To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult “The Dark Church” which has murdered all of the kingdom’s heroes and knights, you will have to hire dubious soldiers and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies. Up to 10 heroes are deployed in tactical battles to take on the Dark Church with their mysterious special abilities.
“Headup Games are always finding unique titles and Grotesque is the very definition of ‘unique’. With its quirky cast of characters, its tongue-in-cheek reverence to RPGs and games of past and its fun and addictive gameplay, Grotesque Tactics is a must for fans of the genre.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
- Round based, strategic fights with the funniest animation which could ever be seen in the RPG genre.
- In the fantasy world of Grotesque, there are beautiful woods and villages as well as dark dungeons ready for exploration.
- An ironic, deep and atmospheric storyline from which RPG fans will still sing ballads in a thousand years.
- Big, detailed and bad‑tempered boss monsters.
- The tactical RPG genre is given a brand new face thanks to amusing multiple‑choice conversations and dialogue riddles in Monkey Island‑style.
- Classic RPG elements: solving storyintensive quests, searching treasures, trading, level and power up your party members.
- Distinctive party members such as the arrogant hero Holy Avatar, the blood‑thirsty vampire Solithaire and the sweet but irritable angel Angelina.
- It's possible to rescue half‑naked virgins from the claws of evil monsters who will follow you as groupie‑pets after the battle.
- Every Evil Hero has its own, distinctive tic such as irascibility, telling endless and boring hero‑storys or abnormal jealousy. However, this negative attributes could also be used in a positive way in battles if the chosen one acts cleverly....
Grotesque Tactics – Evil Heroes (Premium Edition) will be available in the coming weeks on most digital portals, including Steam, Impulse, Amazon and many others for $19.99.
More articles about Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes