Crystal Dynamics has created a whole new experience specifically designed for the digital market. Players will take control of Lara and an ancient warrior named Totec in an isometric adventure through sprawling landscapes, perilous puzzles and epic boss battles. Built with two player cooperative multiplayer in mind, players, however, can still experience the game as a solo adventure.
When Lara Croft finds the long lost Temple of Light in the mountains of Central America, she unwittingly frees an evil spirit determined to plunge the world into eternal darkness. Alongside Totec, a Mayan tribesman, you must hunt down the Mirror of Smoke in what will be a new and incredible adventure.
"We can’t wait for PlayStation and PC gamers to get their hands on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light," said Darrell Gallagher, General Manager of Crystal Dynamics. "We’re committed to delivering the very best gameplay experience possible and the fact that this is the highest rated Lara Croft game since the original Tomb Raider was released back in 1996 is a testament to this. I would encourage everyone to try the free trial.”
From October to December the Downloadable Lara Croft campaign continues with 5 packs available across all formats. The first three are expansion packs featuring a combination of all new puzzle, exploration and combat experiences in the game and new areas to explore. The further two packs are playable character packs, offering gamers the chance to experience the entire adventure without Lara Croft and Totec and instead with some other well-known videogame characters…
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available on PlayStation Network and Steam on Sept. 28, 2010 for $14.99. The game will feature single player and full offline co-op campaign gameplay, with online co-op available at a later date.
- First downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- A classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- A wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering players an unprecedented level of freedom to choose their own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles of Central America.
- Crystal Dynamics' proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Face off against a myriad of undead warriors brought to life by the evil Xolotl, including a number of boss battles that are not to be missed!
- First ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft. Fully cooperative online and offline story mode.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is currently available on Xbox Live Arcade for 1200 MS Points.
More articles about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light