The PS3 software version 3.50 update includes the following:
Blu-ray 3D disc playback: The PS3 system can now play 3D content on Blu-ray 3D discs.
- An HD 3D display, active 3D glasses, and a high-speed HDMI cable (each sold separately) are required for 3D features.
Limitations on Blu-ray 3D disc playback
- The 3D display of some elements such as menus and subtitles may be different on the PS3 system than on other 3D playback devices.
- Depending on the content, some BD-J (Blu-ray Disc Java*) features such as BONUSVIEW and BD-Live may not play in 3D or may not function properly on the PS3 system.
- When Dolby TrueHD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in Dolby Digital during playback of Blu-ray 3D content.
- When DTS-HD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in DTS during playback of Blu-ray 3D content.
*Blu-ray Disc Java provides enhanced bonus content, including network access, picture-in-picture (PIP) functionality and expanded local storage.
Other new or revised features in version 3.50Friends
- You can now submit "grief reports" if you receive unwelcome or harassing messages. To submit a grief report, select the message under [Friends], press the button, and then select [Grief Report].
- You can now access public information on Facebook from Facebook-supported games.
[Allow Access from Games] has been added under (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) > (Facebook).
More articles about PlayStation 3