UFC Undisputed 2010 is the only mixed martial arts (MMA) videogame this year that will deliver the action, intensity and prestige of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Players will navigate an unparalleled roster of more than 100 prolific UFC fighters, each fully rendered to convey a photorealistic appearance. Prominent UFC personalities, including commentators Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg, veteran voice of the Octagon Bruce Buffer, the Octagon Girls, referees, trainers and more, will return to showcase an authentic and memorable UFC videogame experience.
Here is the updated list of what you can expect to see in this latest patch:
- Adds Fighter Stats screen to the Online Fighter Select menu which allows users to view the statistics of the opponent's fighter before proceeding to the match. The Fighter Select menu mimics the UFC 2009 menu flow.
- Fixes the issue which causes Online fights end during the second round or later due to a network error message.
- Fixes an issue which occasionally causes individual player online records to reset on the leaderboard under certain network conditions.
- The text "UFC " is replaced with “Month” in the monthly ranked leaderboard header.
- Outdated Online Ticker messages will be purged each time the game is booted so that only new messages are displayed.
- Career CAF's which contain Attribute points that exceed the maximum limit for the weight division will no longer desynch during Online matches.
- The Connect Quality search options have been revised to be more clear. The options have been changed from "Off/Have Priority" to "Any/Best".
- Implements a client fix which allows for permanent Ranked leaderboard resets. Old data will no longer reappear on the leaderboards after the reset.
- The Connect Quality display will now only show zero bars when the connection quality cannot be obtained. Players with very poor connections will now be displayed with one red bar instead of zero bars.
- Reduces the amount of hitching which occurs during matches encountering lag.
- Quick Match will now automatically resume searching if the client fails to successfully join the first match found.
- Reduces the loading times when viewing Ranked leaderboards using gamer profiles with large friend lists.
- On the PS3, the TUF fighters will now be available in the Fighter Select menu.
- Removes the association between the DLC ON/OFF option and the TUF fighters. Players will be able to join matches regardless of whether the opponent has the TUF fighters.
- Fixes an issue where the Camp name is not displayed in the leaderboard correctly.
- Fixes multiple issues where incorrect data appeared in the Camp Player and Camp Friends leaderboards.
- Fixes a rare issue which causes fighters who changed weight divisions to be incorrectly matched against opponents in the previous weight division.
- Increases Career Auto-Sparring rewards so that they are more balanced with Manual-Sparring Rewards.
- Reduces the frequency of Rachelle emails in Career mode.
- Fixes an issue where occasionally both fighters are awarded the same score, but one fighter receives a unanimous decision.
- Fixes a rare issue which causes a WFA fighter to appear instead of a UFC fighter in the Coming Out of Retirement email.
- Fixes an issue causing fighters to occasionally become frozen during transitions in the MT clinch.
- Balances Ground Grappling Reversals to reduce the ease of reversing opponents.
- Punches from Side Control will no longer be able to initiate a fight-ending state. Knees may still end the fight from Side Control.
- Camera shake will occur during charged submissions so that opponents can see that the submission is charging.
- CAF's will be announced as an "MMA Fighter" instead of "Street Fighter" or "Boxer" at the start of the match.
Enhanced combat will offer players a new Sway System with full upper body and head movement that allows for the dodging of attacks. On the ground, a new Posture System will enable players to deliver stronger, fight-ending strikes from every position. In addition, players will manage Octagon control with new strikes, submissions, transitions and cage positions, as well as experience added realism with the introduction of Southpaw stance. Players will also enjoy customizable freedom with created fighters by combining moves from numerous MMA disciplines, including new moves taken from Sambo, Karate and Greco-Roman Wrestling, to become true mixed martial artists.
UFC Undisputed 2010 will encourage online camaraderie like never before, as players will have the ability to form fight camps and leagues, train like real-life UFC fighters and go online to compete against other camps in the virtual UFC world. Career Mode will also return, including a new “Game Is Watching You” system that will track every action and use this information to dictate in-game commentary, opponent intelligence and overall career progression. In addition, players will enhance their Career Mode experience through online co-op sparring sessions with their respective fight camps and form unique personalities for created fighters to increase their cred, popularity and sponsorships based on interactions during weigh-ins and interviews.
UFC Undisputed 2010 will also introduce players to three new gameplay modes. Title Mode will enable players to fight through one of UFC’s five official weight classes to earn and defend a championship belt. In Title Defense Mode, players will see a fighter’s condition remain persistent but offer milestone challenges built in along the way. In addition, the game’s Tournament Mode will allow players to explore up to 16-player individual and team tournaments within one system. The mode will be compatible with both UFC and created fighters, as well as deliver two unique gameplay styles. Arcade-style play will offer the ability to repeat a fighter’s appearance, while simulation play will limit fighter representation to one appearance.Features:
- Navigate an unparalleled roster of more than 100 prolific UFC fighters, each fully rendered to convey a photorealistic appearance. Prominent UFC personalities, including the commentary team of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg, veteran voice of the Octagon Bruce Buffer, Octagon Girls, referees, trainers and more return to showcase an authentic and memorable UFC videogame experience.
- Step into the Octagon with improved combat. A new Sway System with full upper body and head movement allows for the dodging of attacks, while on the ground, a new Posture System delivers strong, fight-ending strikes from every position. Manage Octagon control with new strikes, submissions, transitions and cage positions, as well as experience added realism with the introduction of Southpaw stance.
- Enjoy customizable freedom with created fighters by combining move sets from numerous MMA disciplines. Choose from an array of moves from all available disciplines, including newly added Sambo, Karate and Greco-Roman Wrestling, to become a true mixed martial artist.
- Encourage camaraderie by forming fight camps and leagues to participate in ranking and champion tracking systems. Join forces, train like real-life UFC fighters and go online to compete against other camps in the virtual UFC world.
- An intuitive “Game Is Watching You” system tracks every action and uses this information to dictate in-game commentary, opponent intelligence and overall career progression. On the quest to reach the UFC Hall of Fame, enhance the Career Mode experience through online co-op sparring sessions with respective fight camps and form unique personalities for created fighters to increase their cred, popularity and sponsorships based on interactions during weigh-ins and interviews.
- Fight through one of UFC’s five official weight classes to earn and defend a championship belt in Title Mode. In Title Defense Mode, a fighter’s condition remains persistent, with milestone challenges built in along the way.
- Explore up to 16-player individual and team tournaments within one system. Utilize UFC fighters or created fighters and select from arcade-style play with repeated fighter appearances or experience simulation play with fighter representation limited to one appearance.
More articles about UFC Undisputed 2010