Fans new and returning will now embark on an epic adventure, where the race for the crown is only the beginning of your spectacular journey. Five decades have passed since the events of Fable II, and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution, but the fate of the kingdom is at peril. In Fable III, you will be called upon to rally and fight alongside your people, ascend to the seat of power, and experience the true meaning of love and loss. The choices and sacrifices you make while fanning the flames of revolution, and then as you rule as King or Queen or Albion, will lead to an ever evolving world of consequences that will be felt across your entire land. This sets the stage for unparalleled action and adventure that offers even more ways to fight and engage than ever before.
Throughout your journey, you will encounter a colorful cast of characters that fans have come to expect from the off-beat style and humor in the Fable games. After determining whether these characters are your friends or foes, you will either join them or fight against them in explosive combat, alone or with a friend on Xbox Live. In your quest to plant the seeds of revolution, seize power and rule over your kingdom, the choices you make will change the world around you, for the greater good or your own personal gain. Who will you become? A rebel without a cause, the tyrant you rebelled against, or the greatest ruler to ever live?
It takes a village, so goes the popular adage, and never has this been truer than in “Fable III.” As you embark on your own revolution to seize the throne from an evil tyrant in “Fable III,” you’ll be flanked by a supporting cast that features some of Hollywood’s most renowned talent, with film accomplishments that include “Monty Python,” “Star Trek,” “Harry Potter,” “The Lord of the Rings,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” “Alice in Wonderland,” and the upcoming “X-Men: First Class.”
“The ‘Fable’ franchise has always been recognized for its unique take on drama, morality, and of course, humor,” said Louise Copley, head of the “Fable” franchise. “We’re taking this to the limits in ‘Fable III’ by bringing on a star-studded cast that includes Sir Ben Kingsley, John Cleese and Simon Pegg, who truly understand what it takes to bring characters to life in complex ways and add new dimensions of blockbuster entertainment to ‘Fable III.’”
“This is my first experience voicing a video game, so what drew me to it was the team, how committed they are, how well organized everything is and how beautiful the game is,” said Sir Ben Kingsley in the video documentary. “One of the things that’s missing from a lot of video games is good writing and good voice work. I think this one has a wonderful mythology and it’s witty and it’s engrossing,” added Simon Pegg in the video documentary.
Interact with these critically acclaimed actors in “Fable III” like never before. Talk politics with Sir Ben Kingsley, dish over the latest fashions with John Cleese or stir up trouble with Simon Pegg, all while plotting to bring the tyrannical King Logan – voiced by Michael Fassbender – to his knees. The Fable III voice-cast brings together some of the world’s most talented actors from all genres of the big screen, silver screen and theater, including:
- John Cleese as your trusty butler and confidant, Jasper
- Sir Ben Kingsley as the leader of the mountain dwellers, Sabine
- Simon Pegg as attention-seeking soldier Benn Finn who is looking for action
- Michael Fassbender as the evil King Logan whom your “Fable III” hero will lead a revolution against
- Zoë Wannamaker returns as Theresa. She was last seen taking over the Spire in “Fable II,” but who knows what her real motivation is?
- Stephen Fry returns as Reaver, the narcissistic marksman blessed with eternal youth
- Bernard Hill as Sir Walter Beck, your faithful mentor
- Nicholas Hoult as the potential male love interest, Elliot, to your “Fable III” female hero
- Naomie Harris as Page, the leader of the rebels who reside in Bowerstone
- Be the hero and forge your own destiny. Storytelling comes to life as Fable III puts you and your hero in the center of an epic journey that traces your rise from revolutionary to ruler and beyond, along with all the action, drama and humor. Interacting with the world of Albion has never been easier or more rewarding. The Expressions system offers an ingenious new Dynamic Touch feature that allows your hero to reach out and embrace a loved one, or exact retribution against those who have betrayed you. Your hero, your faithful canine companion and even your weapons now also evolve to extremes mirroring your morality and personal style of combat. The emotional connections players will develop in the world of Fable III will lead to some of the most memorable moments ever experienced in a game.
- Where blockbuster action meets adventure. Your journey spans from the streets of a thriving and industrialized Albion to the surrounding battlefields. The pioneering one-button combat system allows players to easily combine different styles in their arsenal – hand-to-hand melee attacks, long-range precision shooting and wickedly catastrophic spells – to advance the one-button combat mechanic to a full scale, thrilling level that offers infinite ways to engage, experiment and compete.
- Choice and consequence. A core tenet of the Fable franchise, players are presented with infinite choices and consequences that impact the world around them. Good or evil, loved or loathed, career versus family, or just you and your faithful canine companion – live the life you have always dreamed. More so than ever before, your choices lead to far more profound outcomes that impact your every being. Whether it's deciding the outcome of minor squabbles or changing the direction of the entire kingdom, these key decisions will change the world forever.
More articles about Fable III