Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is the third installment of the action RPG series and the first time the title will be available on a home console, as previous titles were only on the PSP.
The game will fill a niche in the current games climate by appealing to Wii owners who are interested in the RPG format.
Gameplay in Eldar Saga kicks off in character creation mode, with five basic classes and numerous advanced classes, skills, weapons and equipment to choose from. Split into two chapters, gamers start as a man and later take on the role of a female.
The first chapter sees gamers charged with retrieving fragments from a meteorite that released hordes of monsters on the land, wreaking havoc. The second chapter takes place 100 years later when the monsters are close to taking over the world. Playing as a descendant of the hero of the first chapter, gamers join an army intent on destroying the monsters.
Battles take place in real time and gamers can quest together via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for co-op gameplay at anytime they wish. Jobs also play a big part in the Eldar Saga with the flexible levelling up system allowing the gamer to focus on strengths and weaknesses as they see fit.
"The RPG genre is one of the least represented the Wii and we're confident Eldar Saga successfully fills a gap in this market, bringing classic story-driven gameplay," says Martin Defries, managing director, Rising Star Games. "Developer Marvelous Entertainment is renowned for creating immersive gameplay and Eldar Saga is no exception."
- The Saga Continues - An all-new story with an original cast of characters within the Valhalla Knights universe.
- Fully Customize Your Characters - Fully customizable characters give each player a unique experience.
- New and Improved Weapons, Armor and Magic - Enjoy the vast selection of weapons and armor all visible on the in-game character models, as well as enhanced magic specific to certain job classes.
- Real-Time Battle on the Field - Not only will you be able to see all your enemies on the field, the battles will take place on the world map.
- Multiple Sub-quests - Complete quests to earn more gold and items to help recruit new party members or upgrade equipment.
- Network Play - Team up with your buddy and take on quests together via Wi-Fi.
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga, rated "T" for Teen, will retail for $39.99.
More articles about Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga