- Game duration time is now displayed when hovering the mouse cursor over the icon in the bottom left corner. Clicking the slider locks it into position
- Gameplay speed in singleplayer games can be changed now (Slow/Snail [75%], Normal/Mouse [100%], Fast/Rabbit [150%])
- The weather effect settings can be modified in the gameplay menu
- Text fields now support the paste feature (CTRL + V)
- Added a spam protection to the chat system
- Player icons now show if other players are human or an AI
- Added a link to The Settlers My City – Facebook game
- Improved resource marker
- The game will no longer crash if a sector is conquered in the same moment as a workshop inside is completed
- A general will not attempt to retreat to the sector he is currently in
- Street upgrades after an earthquake work correctly now
- Enjoy the fifth and ninth campaign map, optimized for skirmish and multiplayer
The arid, cliff landscape of Moorach is home to a fierce conflict between two opponents. There are slightly different starting conditions, so adapt your strategy wisely. Both rivals have access to marketplaces. There are two major landmarks characterizing Moorach: a huge meteorite crater where the Alchemist has set up his laboratory, and the Dark Fortress on the opposing side of the valley, where the Fallen Knight has set up camp with his band of robbers. There are watermills located at riversides and lakesides which may help to complement your economy.
Kronstedt, the kingdom in the heart of Tandria, is the stage for a challenge between three rulers. The Opponents have slightly different starting conditions and are separate by several rivers, which run through the land. Find river ports to enhance your economy. In Kronstedt, all midway sectors are heavily defended. Several isles are located in the huge central lake. All lake isles are fortified. One of them is even harbors a victory point, if you dare to try and defeat the cannon towers. The Cathedral, Pilgrimage Site and Royal Observatory may be useful to overcome your opponents.
- New Hotkeys
- V = Deploy Farm
- B = Deploy Mountain Shelter
- N = Deploy Lodge
- F = Deploy Stronghold
- G = Deploy Church
- H = Deploy Export Office
- T = Deploy Constructor
- Z = Deploy Well
- V = Deploy Farm
- Shift+ Hotkey lets you jump to and traverse through the respective buildings
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom gives gamers the opportunity to choose the best way to lead their kingdom to victory, in a rich environment set in middle-Europe during the early Renaissance.
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom brings a fresh, innovative design to the franchise, while reintroducing the strong game mechanics and deep gameplay that are hallmarks of the highly acclaimed Settlers series. Players will easily become engaged in an exciting campaign, skirmish maps or multi-player challenges in a world of lush forests, open meadows, fast flowing rivers, and high mountains.
- Rich gameplay mechanics: The deep building and production system allows gamers to expand their kingdoms village by village, sector by sector, optimizing their creation by fine tuning production chains and transport systems.
- Variety of gameplay: Gamers will be able to choose the best path to lead their kingdoms to victory around three main pillars:
- Military: by building strong armies and defeating opponents with shear military power.
- Technology: by being the first to develop new and beneficial technologies.
- Trade: by occupying the best trade routes to become the wealthiest player on the map.
- Depending on style of play, gamers will be able to unlock a variety of new and unique possibilities, changing the way they build their own kingdoms.
- All-new victory system: The new victory point system brings more tension and competition to the game. Victory points are awarded in many different ways depending on the choices gamers make throughout the evolution of their kingdoms.
- Online multiplayer: Gamers will be able to play online and face opponents in classic adversarial and co-op teamplay modes. Online features include user-generated and downloadable content, in-game feeds, and various leaderboards.
- A new graphic engine and improved AI: A brand-new graphic engine will let gamers experience the beauty of their kingdom in a never-before-seen level of detail. More than a dozen AI profiles, each with unique behaviors, will add enhanced variety to the game like never before.
- Build your own castle: Bring even more customization to your game as you assemble your castle from a wide range of styles, designs and architectural details. You and your friends can share your creations online.
- Social networking integration: Deep social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter) lets you bring your gaming experience to your social circle.
More articles about The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom